Multiple Internet link NGAF

KengFee Lv1Posted 15 Sep 2023 10:40

If I want to connect one additional internet link for the Firewall as a failover or backup when the primary line is down. Would like to know is there any things I should take note and is there any guide or notes I can refer to ?

Newbie517762 has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Is this answer helpful?
Zonger Lv4Posted 16 Sep 2023 04:42

To set up an additional internet link as failover for your firewall:

Hardware Compatibility: Ensure your firewall supports multiple internet connections.

ISP Coordination: Coordinate with your ISPs for the secondary link and IP addresses.

Failover Strategy: Decide on an active-passive or load balancing strategy.

Configuration: Configure routing, NAT, and failover triggers on the firewall.

Monitoring: Implement link monitoring tools or scripts.

Thorough Testing: Test the failover setup.

Documentation: Document the configuration for future reference.

Redundant Hardware: Consider redundant firewall hardware for critical setups.

Security Policies: Maintain consistent security policies across both links.

Vendor Resources: Consult firewall documentation and vendor support for guidance.
Hector Ignacio Lv2Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:52

Check if your firewall supports multiple WAN interfaces and failover. If it does, follow the manufacturer's instructions to configure the additional internet link as a failover or backup.
Jonas Great Lv2Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:52

If your firewall only has one WAN interface, you can use a router to connect both internet connections before the firewall. Install an additional (edge) firewall before the primary and failover firewalls
jesspastor Lv2Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:53

It is important to test the failover and backup configurations to ensure that they work as expected. You can simulate a failure by disconnecting the primary internet link and observing if the backup link takes ove
Julieta Lv2Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:54

Consider using a load balancer to distribute traffic across multiple internet links for better performance and reliability.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:55

Check if the firewall is capable of 2 ISP and Fail over and if there is a vacant port
isabelita Lv3Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:56

Make sure that the additional internet link has sufficient bandwidth to handle the traffic in case of a failover.
MISMIS Lv3Posted 18 Sep 2023 11:57

Test the failover and backup configurations regularly to ensure that they work as expected.
Monitor the network traffic to identify any issues or bottlenecks that may affect the performance of the internet links.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders