VDI user creation and association

msj Lv1Posted 16 Aug 2023 16:09

Hi, I am facing one small issue regarding VDI. I setup VDI on my LAB server for POC. I configure VDI and VDC properly and create win10 template without password. I create a user on VDC, and create a resource, role, and associate user with virtual machine.
The issue is, when I login a desk using a credential of the user I created on the VDC "User1" and when I click on the Windows icon the windows login name shows the login name of a template machine which was "Administrator" and not the Login/ask password of "User1".

Any clue what I did wrong or if I miss any step.

Thank You

Yong has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

To clarify your confusion when clicking on the Windows icon it showed the name of the template Windows username "Administrator" and not log in as "User1" I created on VDC".

The Windows "Administrator" account is default created by Windows.
The VDC account "User1" is used to access and log in to VDI.

Example:
The user will use the VDI account "User1" to log in to VDI and access the virtual machine(The default is an administrator if no new Windows account is created).  

Is this answer helpful?
Siva Posted 06 Sep 2023 17:45

This happens if you had powered-on the virtual machine on VMP instead of the VDC.
Can be resolved easily by shutting down the VM and power on again from the VDC instead of VM.
Zonger Lv4Posted 25 Aug 2023 13:49

The issue you're facing seems to be related to the way the VDI environment is configured and how user profiles are being handled. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
  • Check User Mapping: Verify that the user "User1" is correctly associated with the virtual machine in the VDI environment. Ensure that the user is mapped to the correct virtual machine and has the appropriate permissions.
  • Template Customization: Ensure that the Windows 10 template you've created doesn't retain the Administrator profile. Templates should be prepared in a way that ensures the Administrator profile doesn't show up for end-users. This might involve creating a sysprep or generalized image that removes specific user profiles.
  • VDI Agent Configuration: Review the configuration of the VDI agent or client on the user's device. Make sure it's correctly set to connect to the virtual desktop environment and display the correct user's profile.
  • User Profiles and Domain Join: Ensure that the user "User1" is properly authenticated and logged into the domain when accessing the virtual desktop. If the virtual desktop is not correctly joined to the domain, it might display the default local Administrator profile.
  • Check User Properties in VDI: In the VDI management interface, review the properties of "User1." Check if there are any settings related to profile or user experience that need adjustment.
  • Review Role and Resource Configuration: Double-check the role and resource configurations associated with "User1." Ensure that the assigned resources and settings align with your intended user experience.
  • Recreate User Profile: If possible, try creating a new user profile for "User1" and see if the issue persists. This might help identify if the issue is related to the specific user profile or a broader configuration problem.
  • Logs and Troubleshooting: Check the logs and event viewer on both the virtual desktop and the VDI server for any error messages or hints about what might be causing the issue. This could provide valuable insights into the root cause.
  • Contact Support: If you've tried the above steps and the issue persists, consider reaching out to Sangfor's technical support or consulting their documentation. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or insights tailored to their VDI solution.
  • Review Configuration Steps: Go through your initial configuration steps for VDI, VDC, roles, resources, and users again to ensure that no steps were missed or misconfigured.

Remember that VDI environments can be complex, and sometimes seemingly small configuration details can have significant impacts on user experiences. It's also recommended to refer to Sangfor's official documentation and support resources for more specific guidance related to your VDI setup.
faysalji Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 22:05

Hi!
The issue you are facing is that the default user account on the virtual machine is still set to Administrator. When you log in to the virtual machine using the credentials of the user you created on the VDC, the virtual machine is still trying to log in as Administrator.
To fix this issue, you need to change the default user account on the virtual machine to the user you created on the VDC. You can do this by following these steps:
  • Open the Control Panel.
  • Click on "User Accounts and Family Safety".
  • Click on "User Accounts".
  • Click on "Manage another account".
  • Click on the user account you created on the VDC.
  • Click on "Make this the default account".
  • Click on "Change the account type".
  • Select "Administrator" from the drop-down menu.
  • Click on "OK".

Once you have changed the default user account, you should be able to log in to the virtual machine using the credentials of the user you created on the VDC.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
  • Make sure that the user you created on the VDC has the appropriate permissions to log in to the virtual machine.
  • If you are using a domain controller, you may need to add the user to the domain before they will be able to log in to the virtual machine.
  • If you are using a password-protected template, you will need to provide the password for the template when you create the virtual machine.

I hope this helps!
Alizaan Lv2Posted 21 Aug 2023 19:27

If you utilize desktop pools for virtual machine management, take a look at the configuration settings of the pool. Verify that the pool is being populated with virtual machines that stem from your template, and confirm that the customization settings are accurately applied to every fresh virtual machine.
Brooker Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:20

The Windows login name shows the login name of the template machine instead of the user you created.
There could be several reasons why this is happening. One possibility is that there might be an issue with the way the user account was set up on the VDC.
Saimon Lv2Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:19

It could just be a visual thing that the Windows icon shows up when you log in as "Administrator". The default user icon may appear when you click the Windows icon, but the real login should still be connected to the correct user credentials.
NeTSec Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:18

It's crucial to do a sysprep or comparable process after creating the template in order to generalize the image. By doing this, you can make sure that every virtual machine you construct using the template has a brand-new identity that you can access by creating new user accounts and using those credentials to log in.
noime Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:17

Make that the user has the rights necessary to log in and access the virtual machine under the role you've given them. Verify that the role has access to user authentication and desktop access permissions.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:17

You stated making a user on the VDC and linking it to a virtual machine. Verify again that the association has been configured properly. To access the virtual machine you've constructed, the user must be assigned the proper role and resources.

I Can Help:

Change

Board Leaders