VDI user creation and association

msj Lv1Posted 16 Aug 2023 16:09

Hi, I am facing one small issue regarding VDI. I setup VDI on my LAB server for POC. I configure VDI and VDC properly and create win10 template without password. I create a user on VDC, and create a resource, role, and associate user with virtual machine.
The issue is, when I login a desk using a credential of the user I created on the VDC "User1" and when I click on the Windows icon the windows login name shows the login name of a template machine which was "Administrator" and not the Login/ask password of "User1".

Any clue what I did wrong or if I miss any step.

Thank You

Yong has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

To clarify your confusion when clicking on the Windows icon it showed the name of the template Windows username "Administrator" and not log in as "User1" I created on VDC".

The Windows "Administrator" account is default created by Windows.
The VDC account "User1" is used to access and log in to VDI.

Example:
The user will use the VDI account "User1" to log in to VDI and access the virtual machine(The default is an administrator if no new Windows account is created).  

Is this answer helpful?
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 17 Aug 2023 17:01

The default login account for the VDI is set to Administrator
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 21 Aug 2023 13:49

The Windows login name shows the login name of the template machine instead of the user you created.
There could be several reasons why this is happening. One possibility is that there might be an issue with the way the user account was set up on the VDC. You could try checking if the user account was set up correctly and that it is associated with the virtual machine. Another possibility is that there might be an issue with the way the template machine was set up. You could try checking if the template machine was set up correctly and that it is associated with the user account.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:13

The issue you're describing might be related to how the virtual desktop is being provisioned from the template. When you create a virtual machine template, it might retain some settings from the original template, including the username displayed during the login process. Make sure that you've customized the template to remove any traces of the "Administrator" username and set it up in a way that allows users to log in with their own credentials.
MISMIS Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:14

When you create the template, it's important to perform a sysprep or similar process to generalize the image. This step ensures that each virtual machine created from the template starts with a fresh and unique identity, including the ability to set up new user accounts and log in with those credentials. If you didn't perform sysprep or a similar process, it might be causing the issue you're experiencing.
Naomi Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:14

You mentioned that you created a user on the VDC and associated that user with a virtual machine. Double-check that the association has been set up correctly. The user should have the appropriate role and resource assignment to access the virtual machine you've created.
Adonis001 Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:15

Make sure the role you've assigned to the user grants the necessary permissions for them to log in and access the virtual machine. Check that the role includes permissions related to desktop access and user authentication.
isabelita Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:15

If you're using desktop pools to manage your virtual machines, review the pool configuration settings. Ensure that the pool is being populated with virtual machines based on your template, and that the customization settings are correctly applied to each new virtual machine.
BitCloud Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:15

The display of the Windows icon with the "Administrator" login might be a cosmetic issue. When you click on the Windows icon, it might display the default user icon, but the actual login should still be associated with the correct user credentials.
Natsu Dragneel Lv3Posted 21 Aug 2023 16:16

To further diagnose the issue, try creating another user on the VDC and associate them with a virtual machine. See if the same issue occurs for this new user. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the user account you created or if it's a broader configuration issue.

I Can Help:

Change

Board Leaders