Check SFP Connected

Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 16 Aug 2023 11:22

Hi all,
i want to ask how can i check the sfp is connected to iag from gui? i need detail information about the sfp that connected to my sangfor.
because i check using ethtool it not showing any detail information for the SFP.
in picture below i was plug-in the sfp and connected that to another switch that support 10G

Thanks.

Farina Ahmed has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

To check detailed information about the SFP module connected to your IAG device through the GUI, first navigate to the network settings or interface status section. Look for the specific interface corresponding to the SFP (e.g., eth1 or eth2), where you should find indicators showing whether the connection is up or down, as well as the speed (10G) and possibly the connection type (fiber or copper). If the GUI lacks the desired depth, consult the manufacturer's support or user manual for guidance. Alternatively, you can explore command-line tools or methods specific to your IAG device that may offer more comprehensive SFP details.

In cases where GUI information is limited, you might consider seeking assistance from the manufacturer's support or referring to documentation. The interface details section should indicate the link status, speed, and potentially more specifics about the SFP module. For a deeper understanding, explore possible hardware information or diagnostic sections within the GUI.
Is this answer helpful?
Jami Ullah Lv2Posted 16 Aug 2023 21:19

Do you have any issue with SFP or asking for your learning?
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 17 Aug 2023 11:15

Hello,

Please let us know the details you need and if you have any issues with the module.

Thanks,
MISMDS Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:31

check the compatibility of the tranciever
Yboom Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:32

Verify that the SFP module's speed is supported by both the Sangfor device and the device to which it is connected. Some devices might not auto-negotiate properly with unsupported speeds.
Donsadam Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:32

Ensure that the SFP module you are using is compatible with your Sangfor device and the network requirements. Using an incompatible SFP module can lead to connectivity issues.
Rizmae Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:33

SFP modules come in various types, such as SX, LX, TX, and so on, which support different distances and wavelengths.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:33

Please check and verify the speed and the type of tranciever because it can be a compatibility issues
Kenbaw Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:34

compatibility issues can be resolved with updates that include support for newer SFP modules.
MariaD Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:34

Double-check the physical connection of the SFP module. Make sure it is properly inserted into the slot, and the connectors are clean and not damaged.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders