ES installation with other AV

Saimon Lv2Posted 25 Jun 2023 09:25

Is it okay to install Sangfor ES with existing Anti-Virus? What could be the effect of it? Or do I need to uninstall the existing AV?

By solving this question, you may help 209 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 26 Jun 2023 10:17

HiHi,

It's generally not recommended to install multiple antivirus solutions on the same system as they can conflict with each other and cause performance issues.
Sangfor ES is an antivirus solution, so if you already have an existing antivirus installed, it's best to uninstall it before installing Sangfor ES.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:05

You can install Endpoint Secure Protect on a system with another AV or EDR installed. During the installation, you will be asked if there is other anti-virus software installed. If you say “yes”, the installation will ask if you want to continue. If you choose to continue with the installation, the installation will continue in compatibility mode and the Protect agent will automatically disable real-time protection to not interfere with operation of the existing AV agent.
noime Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:07

Yes you can install but maybe maximum of 1 existing AV.
Kyle Padilla Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:19

It is not advisable to install ES with other AV but it is possible.
MISMIS Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:34

It depends on the AV installed on the endpoints. Some are not compatible with Sangfor ES.
Naomi Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:35

As per documentation: It doesn't have issues if you install Sangfor Endpoin Secure with other existing AV.
Adonis001 Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:43

Yes you can install ES even if the endpoint has already AV installed on it.
isabelita Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:44

I can tell it is possible but it depends on the resources of the PC because it can cause Lags or degration of performance.
BitCloud Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:55

Not recommended because it can cause conflict on the end user side

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Trending Topics

Board Leaders