Sangfor NGAF VM in the QEMU hypervisor

Newbie146777 Posted 21 Mar 2023 15:57

Last edited by Sergey G 10 Apr 2023 15:19.

Last edited by Sergey G 21 Mar 2023 16:01.

Hello All,

I have a VMware image Sangfor NGAF 8.0.36, but unfortunately don't have access to VMware-based hypervisor.
And I have big lab in QEMU.
So, I've converted .ova file to qcow2 disk and got info about VM dependencies. After that I started VM in QEMU environment and it loaded smoothly, from console I see modules and interfaces initialization.
In the end, machine prompt looks like <login localhost>.
From the VM deployment guide I got info that creds sangfor/sangfor should work, but I received <incorrect login> message.
Any variations of sangfor and admin words also don't fit.
Moreover, I can see from interface initialization (and of course, from guide itself) that one of IPs, assigned to the NGAF's interface is 10.251.251.251/24, but I don't have access to NGAF via web with this address, even ARP replies don't come.

Does someone have an idea, how to run this image in QEMU properly or how get access to the VM?

Abdul Sami has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Regarding the network issue, it's possible that the network configuration is not compatible with your QEMU environment. You may need to check the network settings in the Sangfor NGAF image and adjust them accordingly to work with your QEMU environment.

You can also try accessing the NGAF web interface using the IP address assigned to another interface, if available. If none of the interfaces work, you may need to check the network configuration in your QEMU environment and ensure that it's properly configured to allow communication between the host and the VM.

If you continue to have issues with accessing the Sangfor NGAF image in QEMU, you may want to consider using a different hypervisor that's compatible with the image, or contacting Sangfor support for further assistance.
Is this answer helpful?
Faisal Piliang Posted 22 Mar 2023 23:57

In the initial stage of migration, the source host starts an identical virtual machine on the destination host through the negotiation mechanism and puts it into a quiesced state.
After the source host QEMU records all the memory data of the virtual machine, it is transmitted to the destination host through the network. However, since the running business will read and write memory data during the transmission process, the newly generated memory data will be re-recorded after the first round of transmission is completed. It will transmit it to the destination host in the same way, and iterate in turn until the last recorded memory data meets a threshold, the source host will stop running- that is, only 1 second of service interruption duration.
QEMU transfers the remaining memory data to the destination host at one time, then the destination host starts running, and the source host shuts down.
Zonger Lv4Posted 23 Mar 2023 04:20

Thanks for sharing
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 27 Mar 2023 11:52

QEMU transfers the remaining memory data to the destination host at one time, then the destination host starts running, and the source host shuts down.
Jhazz Lv3Posted 27 Mar 2023 14:02

I think QEMU does not support
rivsy Lv5Posted 27 Mar 2023 14:53

Please check if properly converted to ova file
Abdul Sami Lv2Posted 27 Mar 2023 18:06

Regarding the network issue, it's possible that the network configuration is not compatible with your QEMU environment. You may need to check the network settings in the Sangfor NGAF image and adjust them accordingly to work with your QEMU environment.

You can also try accessing the NGAF web interface using the IP address assigned to another interface, if available. If none of the interfaces work, you may need to check the network configuration in your QEMU environment and ensure that it's properly configured to allow communication between the host and the VM.

If you continue to have issues with accessing the Sangfor NGAF image in QEMU, you may want to consider using a different hypervisor that's compatible with the image, or contacting Sangfor support for further assistance.
SassyScorpio Lv2Posted 28 Mar 2023 01:27

To run an image in QEMU, you would need to follow these steps:
  • Install QEMU on your system.
  • Download the image you want to run.
  • Open a terminal or command prompt and navigate to the directory where the image is saved.
  • Run the following command:
    [backcolor=rgba(0,0,0,var(--tw-bg-opacity))][color=rgba(217,217,227,var(--tw-text-opacity))][backcolor=rgba(52,53,65,var(--tw-bg-opacity))][size=0.75]arduinoCopy code
    qemu-system-x86_64 -hda /path/to/image

This command will launch QEMU and start the virtual machine using the image you specified.

To get access to the VM, you will need to use a console or remote desktop connection to access the running VM. The method for doing this will depend on the guest operating system running on the VM.
Please note that running virtual machines requires a certain level of technical expertise and may not be suitable for beginners.
Randolfy Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:26

Please verify that the ova file was properly converted.

I Can Help:

Change

Trending Topics

Board Leaders