Ping Error On Physical Interface

Fareid Radzi Lv1Posted 16 Mar 2023 20:51

Hi All. I need help. I have received PING ERROR on my NGAF5400 at eth5. Currently the eth5 port is set for my backup internet line. Since the error is there, I cannot switch my main internet line to the the backup line. I need help / advice to solve this matter. Thanks in advance.

CTI_JianJie has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Check what the link state detection setting is, if the connection work when plug into the PC, try to ping in the PC if the IP address defined in the link state detection could be ping or not.

1.png (35.68 KB, Downloads: 663)

1.png
Is this answer helpful?
SassyScorpio Lv2Posted 16 Mar 2023 22:09

Firstly, it's important to understand what a PING ERROR means. A PING is a network diagnostic tool used to test the connectivity between two devices. When a PING ERROR occurs, it usually means that there is a problem with the network connection between the two devices. This could be caused by a number of different factors, such as a misconfigured firewall, a network routing issue, or a physical problem with the network cable or port.

In your case, since the PING ERROR is on eth5, which is your backup internet line, it's possible that the issue is related to the configuration of that line. You may want to check the settings for eth5, including the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers, to ensure that they are correct and match the configuration of your backup internet connection.

If the settings appear to be correct, you may want to try swapping out the network cable or testing the connection with a different device to see if the issue is related to a physical problem with the port.
FahmiAzlanMY Lv1Posted 17 Mar 2023 11:16

May I know you ping to external public IP or private?
Usually to make it this simple, I'm always set to ping the gateway. We will assume the router down and it will fail-over to secondary link. If you still want to ping public IP, make sure the static route is configured correctly.
FrancesWalsh Lv1Posted 17 Mar 2023 16:38

Use the eth5 connection. Make sure the cable is connected to the eth5 port on the NGAF5400 and to the port connection on the next Internet router. Make sure the cable is okay and there is no damage. Suggest network settings. Make sure that the IP address and subnet settings on the NGAF5400 are configured correctly for your network. Make sure the network mask and default gateway settings are set correctly. Try resetting the eth5 port. Try resetting the eth5 port on the NGAF5400 using the "no shutdown" command. This will restart the port and may help solve the problem. Other settings on the NGAF5400 are being used. Make sure that the other settings on the NGAF5400 are set correctly. For example, make sure that the VLAN and trunk port settings are configured correctly.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Mar 2023 11:54

Verify the physical layer first. Check the cables of possible damage, then verify the configuration.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 20 Mar 2023 12:03

Verify the physical layer first. then verify the configuration.
Naomi Lv3Posted 20 Mar 2023 13:11

check cables, it must be damage
MISMIS Lv3Posted 20 Mar 2023 13:39

check the Network address translation config.
faysalji Lv3Posted 20 Mar 2023 14:05

Last edited by faysalji 20 Mar 2023 15:12.

Check the settings for eth5, including the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers, to ensure that they are correct and match the configuration of your backup internet connection.

If the settings appear to be correct, you may want to try swapping out the network cable or testing the connection with a different device to see if the issue is related to a physical problem with the port.
rivsy Lv5Posted 20 Mar 2023 14:59

Check the subnet mask if same to the primary and backup

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders