stopage of MAC Spoofing through sangfor IAG

amcysoc786 Lv1Posted 18 Feb 2023 13:14

I have bind my user , IP and MAC but someone who already know my user and IP address, hacked my MAC and access the services.  Is it possible to stop this MAC spoofing attempt, please.

Jhazz has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

That is called ARP or Address Resolution Protocol kind of spoofing. Thankfully there is Sangfor Endpoint Secure, Sangfor Cyber Command and Sangfor NGAF that can prevent it from happening.
Is this answer helpful?
faysalji Lv3Posted 23 Feb 2023 11:43

MAC spoofing is usually implemented to fool access control lists, packet filtering, and authentication processes. So, straightforward security measures won't help to prevent this type of attack.

Packet filtering can prevent an IP spoofing attack since it is able to filter out and block packets that contain conflicting source address information. Using cryptographic network protocols such as HTTP Secure (HTTPS) and Secure Shell (SSH) can add another layer of protection to your environment.
Abdul Sami Lv2Posted 21 Feb 2023 18:18

Yes, it is possible to stop MAC spoofing attempts to gain unauthorized access even if the attacker knows your user and IP address. Here are some possible measures that you can take to prevent MAC spoofing:

1: Implement port security: This involves configuring the network switches to allow only specific MAC addresses to access a particular port. This way, any attempt to use a different MAC address will be blocked.

2: Use MAC address filtering: This involves configuring your firewall to only allow traffic from specific MAC addresses. This way, any traffic from unauthorized MAC addresses will be blocked.

3: Enable 802.1x authentication: This involves implementing a network access control (NAC) solution that requires users to authenticate before they can access the network. This way, even if an attacker knows your user and IP address, they won't be able to gain access without proper authentication.

4:Use endpoint security solutions: This involves installing endpoint security software that can detect and prevent MAC spoofing attempts, as well as other forms of cyber attacks.

5: Regularly monitor your network: It's important to regularly monitor your network for any unusual or suspicious activity. This way, you can detect and respond to any MAC spoofing attempts or other security threats in a timely manner.
sanjigerma Lv3Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:57

try to use MAC address authentication
Gomu Lv2Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:54

Sangfor support can help in the config assistance
Racoon Lv2Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:50

Contact support for config assistance
Franky Lv3Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:45

used mac binding
Carrot Lv3Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:40

MAC Spoofing is supported featues
Robin Lv3Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:36

yes it has security features of spoofing