stopage of MAC Spoofing through sangfor IAG

amcysoc786 Lv1Posted 18 Feb 2023 13:14

I have bind my user , IP and MAC but someone who already know my user and IP address, hacked my MAC and access the services.  Is it possible to stop this MAC spoofing attempt, please.

Jhazz has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

That is called ARP or Address Resolution Protocol kind of spoofing. Thankfully there is Sangfor Endpoint Secure, Sangfor Cyber Command and Sangfor NGAF that can prevent it from happening.
Is this answer helpful?
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 18 Feb 2023 14:38

Have u try to use MAC address authentication?
Only devices with a verified MAC address can access the IAG services associated with a particular username and IP address
Faisal P Posted 19 Feb 2023 19:16

You cannot prevent MAC spoofing. The problem you're trying to solve is authentication. And the MAC address is simply not the right way to provide authentication since it can be spoofed very easily. There are even legit reasons to spoof a MAC address.
rivsy Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2023 09:22

Yes you can prevent MAC spoofing but the problem is the configuration that is set to the MAC like whitelisting and others.
Jhazz Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2023 09:30

That is called ARP or Address Resolution Protocol kind of spoofing. Thankfully there is Sangfor Endpoint Secure, Sangfor Cyber Command and Sangfor NGAF that can prevent it from happening.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 20 Feb 2023 12:28

Yes you can prevent MAC spoofing, but the problem is the configuration that is set to the MAC, l
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2023 18:37

Not possible. Once gone means gone. You should have implement proper policies before implementing your setup if you know your network can easily be compromised.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2023 21:44

Yes you can prevent it
Pat Lv4Posted 21 Feb 2023 08:14

yes it is possible to stop MAC spoofing attempt
Brooker Lv3Posted 21 Feb 2023 10:32

Try mac authentication

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow