sangfor IAG Cannot Limit Access Bandwitdh Web Streaming

Arif Lv1Posted 16 Feb 2023 12:18

I create Policy on Bandwitdh Channel for Limited bandwitdh Web Streaming (youtube, etc) for all user, rule policy has setted on top list of the rule. my question is why rule policy limited streaming cannot works ???

Farina Ahmed has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

May be you done all things right but forget to apply policy and save changes etc. These are minor mistakes sometimes due to which our policies are not working properly.
Is this answer helpful?
Abdul Sami Lv2Posted 16 Feb 2023 13:59

Sangfor IAG may not be able to limit access bandwidth for web streaming, depending on the specific streaming protocol and configuration. Some streaming protocols, such as HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH), use adaptive bit-rate streaming that adjusts the video quality based on the available bandwidth. This can make it difficult to limit the bandwidth usage for a particular user or device.
Some web streaming services may use encrypted connections (such as HTTPS) that make it difficult to apply bandwidth management policies. In these cases, it may be necessary to use other methods such as traffic shaping or Quality of Service (QoS) policies to manage bandwidth usage.
If you are experiencing issues with limiting access bandwidth for web streaming using Sangfor IAG, I suggest contacting Sangfor's support team for assistance. They can help you identify the specific streaming protocols and applications that are causing the issue and provide guidance on how to best manage bandwidth usage in your environment.
newbie9090 Lv2Posted 16 Feb 2023 17:32

Hi Arif,

Have you set line bandwidth in bandwidth management module ?

Thanks,
Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 17 Feb 2023 10:51

are you already block the QUIC Services?
you can try to block the quic services, so the device can read the youtube apps.

Faisal P Posted 19 Feb 2023 19:57

Comprehensive authentication methods with the most powerful bandwidth management. Personalized analytics reports to create business value from user online data.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 20 Feb 2023 12:26

Please block the Quic Seveice .
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2023 17:16

have u check your policy? got any conflicting policies?
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2023 18:29

May be you done all things right but forget to apply policy and save changes etc. These are minor mistakes sometimes due to which our policies are not working properly.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2023 21:42

check the heirarchy of the policies
Pat Lv4Posted 21 Feb 2023 08:24

I think there is a problem on your configuration with regards to prioritization of policy

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders