VM startup order

Cesare Lv1Posted 09 Feb 2023 23:46

Hi there,

I have several VMs in my installation and I would like to decide the startup order in case of rebooting of both nodes.

I mean I would like that VM10 starts before VM3 that has to start before VM6 etc...

In the VM options I only find  the "Power on at node startup" check-box option...

Thanks to everybody that will help me!

Cesare

Abdul Sami has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Unfortunately, SANGFOR does not have a feature to directly control the startup order of VMs. However, you can use the startup configuration settings to control the startup order of VMs. In the SANGFOR admin console, you can set the startup delay for each VM, so that the VM with the longest startup delay will start after the one with the shortest startup delay. You can also set the priority level for each VM, so that the VMs with higher priority will start first.
Is this answer helpful?
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 10 Feb 2023 10:59

You can use batch file.
1.create batch file , example "start_vm1.bat", "start_vm2.bat", "start_vm3.bat".
2.create a master batch file to run the all the batch file in sequence
Cesare Lv1Posted 10 Feb 2023 17:27

How can I start an HCI vm from a batch file?
Faisal P Posted 12 Feb 2023 23:56

Download the “backup plug-in” from the Vinchin web login page. Click [Download Backup Plug- in] → select SANGFOR HCI and corresponding version
Jhazz Lv3Posted 13 Feb 2023 09:21

Did you try to create a batch file for setup
rivsy Lv5Posted 13 Feb 2023 09:36

The best option is to create a batch file with the corresponding booting order of the VM
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 13 Feb 2023 12:26

option is to create a batch file with the corresponding booting order of the VM
Pat Lv4Posted 13 Feb 2023 13:39

start to create first a batch file
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 13 Feb 2023 14:01

Create a batch file. That is the most effecient solutions
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 13 Feb 2023 14:23

I don't get it why you are starting VMs on daily basis? They should be running all day 24/7 without any interruption. However if you still need them to start daily then you can do it manually as per your preference or else use batch file or other options mentioned by my fellow here.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders