IAM Vlan interfaces with Cisco Switch

syedjahanzaib Lv1Posted 30 Nov 2022 17:17

I want to connect IAM with my existing cisco switch which have different vlans for users. should I configure switch port role to  TRUNK which is connected with IAM, & where to add sub-interfaces in IAM? or whats they way forward?

Sami has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Dear Jahahzaib,

I want to connect IAM with my existing cisco switch which have different vlans for users. should I configure switch port role to  TRUNK which is connected with IAM, & where to add sub-interfaces in IAM? or whats they way forward?

Below is the format for LAN side Trunk,
VLAN TAG NO/IP_ADRR/SUBNET_MASK
E.g: 20/192.168.20.1/255.255.255.0

I hope it helps.
Is this answer helpful?
syedjahanzaib Lv1Posted 30 Nov 2022 18:34

IAM is connected to Cisco Core Switch where all VLANs are configured. IAM ip is 192.168.10.1 which is on VLAN-1, Users ip is 10.10.10.10 which is connected with VLAN-10 . after adding routes at user/iam, BOTH can ping each other. I have made changes to switch port where IAM is connected and set it to TRUNK. is there any thing else that needs to be configured? what default gateway should be added for user in dhcp ? at user end when i run traceroute to 1.1.1.1 , it shows destination host unreachable on 2nd hop.
syedjahanzaib Lv1Posted 01 Dec 2022 14:06

Last edited by syedjahanzaib 01 Dec 2022 14:11.

I managed to sort it. Problem was that I was not adding the appropriate VLAN sub interface along with its IP in IAM. The trick was to add VALN like this
Goto System > Network / Deployment  / Settings > & under LAN interface Page.

10/10.10.10.3/255.255.255.0   

whereas 10/ is the cisco VLAN number, and then the IP of this sub interface & subnet

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders