Hi,

what are the devices you recommend for backup HCI nodes (nas, tapes, ...)?
In particular, what do you use to maintain an offline backup compatible with Sangfor HCI?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
v.

rivsy has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Last edited by rivsy 15 Nov 2022 08:52.

For long term back-up like 10 to 20 years I recommend TAPE drives and for speed and performance I recommend NAS drive with SSD drives or hybrid storage with HDD and SSD. But it depends on your requirements if all-flash, hybrid, archive nodes and cloud.
Also you have to consider the IOPS for storage and VM performance
Then for the maintenance of the external offline backup, the recommended backup for critical application, data and others must be every hour. But if you have a offline backup, backup must be done per day (if is not critical data to be backup)
Is this answer helpful?
rivsy Lv5Posted 15 Nov 2022 08:31

Last edited by rivsy 15 Nov 2022 08:52.

For long term back-up like 10 to 20 years I recommend TAPE drives and for speed and performance I recommend NAS drive with SSD drives or hybrid storage with HDD and SSD. But it depends on your requirements if all-flash, hybrid, archive nodes and cloud.
Also you have to consider the IOPS for storage and VM performance
Then for the maintenance of the external offline backup, the recommended backup for critical application, data and others must be every hour. But if you have a offline backup, backup must be done per day (if is not critical data to be backup)
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 15 Nov 2022 09:48

HiHi,

For Backup Soloution:

Simplify your Sangfor HCI protection with Vinchin Backup & Recovery
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:21

TAPE drives are recommended if you want a long term backup
babeshuka Lv3Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:29

As Sangfor HCI integrates virtual computing, storage and network into one unified resource pool for enterprise users to realize simpler business data center deployment, Vinchin Backup & Recovery continues to extend such simplicity as a reliable third-party data security assistant to further strengthen your Sangfor HCI environment, with high compatibility and the world’s most innovative VM backup and recovery features.
Pat Lv4Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:45

I agree with Vinchin Backup & Recovery. that was a great backup solution
Naomi Lv3Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:50

Vichin the Backup is the recommended
damulagski Lv3Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:53

IOPS for storage and VM performance you can check.
soneosansan Lv3Posted 21 Nov 2022 10:58

Seagate or Western Digital can be considered also.
nobitachou Lv2Posted 21 Nov 2022 11:01

Vinchin Backup & Recovery, Tape, Seagate.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders