Webagent. How does it work?

EvgeniyOlkov Posted 19 Oct 2022 15:34

Hello!
I am just studying the Sangfor VPN and I have a question about webagent work. As far as I understand we use webagent when our HQ device doesn't have a static public ip.
I found this picture:
So, webagent server is a public server, isn't it? Is it work like DynDNS? Is it an external server? I am asking because I found some examples (this one for example) of configuration and the author uses the local mgmt address (10.254.254.254:4009). I think it doesn't make sense because this address is unreachable from the internet so it's useless for the branch devices.

Can someone clarify how should it work? Thanks!

JasonCYP has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

If you don't have a public static IP of your HQ gateway and you wish to establish the Sangfor VPN between branch and HQ.

What you need to do is to apply the WebAgent account from Sangfor, this you need help from Sangfor TAC support, finally you will get the WebAgent Server IP which is hosted by Sangfor.

If you have static public ip, in the configration section, you don't need to do anything related to webagent, the ip you typing in is simply your HQ gateway static public IP.
Is this answer helpful?
jetjetd Lv5Posted 29 Oct 2022 22:11

Webagent indicates the addresses of the dynamic IP addressing file in the web servers, including the
active Webagent address and standby Webagent address.
Deorwine Lv2Posted 26 Oct 2022 10:41

If you have static public ip, in the configration section, you don't need to do anything related to webagent, the ip you typing in is simply your HQ gateway static public IP.
arjay Lv3Posted 25 Oct 2022 09:00

WebAgent is the Public IP Address used for VPN Connection between sites
Faisal P Posted 24 Oct 2022 16:09

Find your standard gateway (if its not simply 192.168.1.1) by opening a new CMD command line and entering
ipconfig /all
Open your router settings, log in and find the “port-forwarding” section and forward port 80 and 443 to your home server

BitCloud Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2022 15:27

Thanks for this question. I am also looking for the answer. Hope someone will answer correctly
isabelita Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2022 15:24

Is your Public IP dynamic?
Natsu Dragneel Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2022 14:31

If you want to access the local lan IP, you must configure Destination NAT.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2022 14:14

Contact support for faster resolving issues.
Adonis001 Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2022 13:53

The agent will not work on Dynamic DNS

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders