Sangfor IAM Traffic Content

snassifah Lv1Posted 17 Sep 2022 17:22

hi everyone,
Please, I want to know if IAM let me read the content of files that are uploaded or downloaded even emails and pdf etc....
example: some device upload excel file or sending email and I want to read or show this files that are uploaded through the internet.

thanks

jetjetd has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

No, that is beyond the coverage of Sangfor IAG and beyond your job also. There are content of the files that is exclusively for accounting, finance, HR only. If that is possible, that is a closer risk for a data theft. For the file perspective, Sangfor IAM can only look up to extension name and file type only. It checks for a potential malware. It can also control HTTP, FTP upload and download activity based on true file type.
Is this answer helpful?
Racoon Lv2Posted 25 Sep 2022 20:06

That is not possible because of law in Data Privacy
Rashley Lv2Posted 25 Sep 2022 20:03

That is a violation of the DATA PRIVACY.
Ashley Anne Lv2Posted 25 Sep 2022 19:47

No, that is outside the scope of Sangfor IAG's coverage, as well as your job. There is content in the files that is only for accounting, finance, and human resources. If that is possible, the risk of data theft increases. In terms of files, Sangfor IAM can only look up the extension name and file type. It looks for possible malware. It also has the ability to control HTTP, FTP upload and download activity based on the true file type.
Rhebie Lv3Posted 25 Sep 2022 19:39

Sangfor IAM cannot read or display the content of each user's uploaded and downloaded email and attachment. It is a violation of the Data Privacy Act and a very unprofessional act to read/view another person's email without their permission.
You can read, show, and download the email attachment by going to the cpanel or the company's email domain provider, but not on Sangfor IAM; however, reading, showing, and downloading user email is against the Data Privacy Act.
noime Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 15:31

That is not the function of a Sangfor Internet Access Gateway. It is for bandwidth management.
NeTSec Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 15:06

It is under the case of data breach if you do that.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 14:48

Viewing any information, whether it be email content, passwords, or other sensitive data, is a breach in and of itself.
Natsu Dragneel Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 14:40

That is in violation of the DATA PRIVACY ACT, which is a law.
BitCloud Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 14:30

SANGFOR IAG offers sophisticated content auditing for popular Instant Messaging applications (Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Line, and so on), Email, and Social Media.
isabelita Lv3Posted 22 Sep 2022 14:18

That is not the feature of IAM.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders