Sangfor IAM Traffic Content

snassifah Lv1Posted 17 Sep 2022 17:22

hi everyone,
Please, I want to know if IAM let me read the content of files that are uploaded or downloaded even emails and pdf etc....
example: some device upload excel file or sending email and I want to read or show this files that are uploaded through the internet.

thanks

jetjetd has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

No, that is beyond the coverage of Sangfor IAG and beyond your job also. There are content of the files that is exclusively for accounting, finance, HR only. If that is possible, that is a closer risk for a data theft. For the file perspective, Sangfor IAM can only look up to extension name and file type only. It checks for a potential malware. It can also control HTTP, FTP upload and download activity based on true file type.
Is this answer helpful?
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 19 Sep 2022 10:02

HiHi,

Please refer to IAG\Activity Audit\Internet Access Audit\Application, here is many select item for your requirement.
Also, please find below screen capture for your easy ref:

IAG Application1.png IAG Application2.png
rivsy Lv5Posted 19 Sep 2022 13:26

Last edited by rivsy 19 Sep 2022 13:38.

As far I know, In Sangfor IAM even admin cannot read or show the content of the uploaded and downloaded email and attachment of each user. It is against the data privacy act and it is very unprofessional act to read/view other email without his or her permission.
You can read, show and download the attachment of the email by going to the cpanel or the email domain provider of the company can do that but not on Sangfor IAM. But again it is against data privacy act to read, show and download user email.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 19 Sep 2022 15:50

that is again the privacy law
kmrnliaqat Lv3Posted 19 Sep 2022 18:50

IAG\Activity Audit\Internet Access Audit\Application
Faisal P Posted 19 Sep 2022 21:49

SANGFOR IAG boasts refined content auditing for common Instant Messaging programs (Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Line, etc.), Email and Social Media
jetjetd Lv5Posted 20 Sep 2022 00:43

No, that is beyond the coverage of Sangfor IAG and beyond your job also. There are content of the files that is exclusively for accounting, finance, HR only. If that is possible, that is a closer risk for a data theft. For the file perspective, Sangfor IAM can only look up to extension name and file type only. It checks for a potential malware. It can also control HTTP, FTP upload and download activity based on true file type.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 20 Sep 2022 13:21

Viewing any information either its email content or passwords or other private data is itself a breach. Most of the breaches happen due to internal employees and also these type of practices are against the Compliance/audit standard rules.
arjay Lv3Posted 21 Sep 2022 08:17

In Sangfor IAM even admin cannot read or show the content of the uploaded and downloaded email and attachment of each user. It is against the data privacy act and it is very unprofessional act to read/view other email without his or her permission.
Dohan4U Lv2Posted 21 Sep 2022 14:32

That is against the DATA PRIVACY ACT which is a law

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders