ES vs Antivirus 100

Noah19 Lv3Posted 18 Aug 2022 10:46

I am just wondering, what is the core difference between Antivirus and Sangfor ES? Are they the same?

RegiBoy has solved this question and earned 130 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 100 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Antivirus is only signature based. If the file is unknown it will allow the traffic. Only the known threats will be blocked. For Sanfor ES, you can have more protection because of its behavioral filtering rather than signature based. Also you will have more visibility and faster remidiation and response.
Is this answer helpful?
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 18 Aug 2022 10:54

Antivirus is only signature based. If the file is unknown it will allow the traffic. Only the known threats will be blocked. For Sanfor ES, you can have more protection because of its behavioral filtering rather than signature based. Also you will have more visibility and faster remidiation and response.
Johnbada Lv2Posted 18 Aug 2022 19:21

Last edited by Johnbada 19 Aug 2022 12:01.

I am not agree that Antivirus is only signature based, because most of the anti-virus have behavior shield what is mean the anti-virus already know the characteristics of the old core-virus, this old core-virus source code ussually published on underground and BBS/MiRC channel and someone can re-created as a new type virus based of this native virus source-code.

In my experience ES not only anti-virus but its work as network protection and more fetures then antivirus. ES can protect various threats and have firewall features on it. Some of the ES can do more than just firewall features like we know that SANGFOR ES can communicate to NGAF, this will more comprehensive because of the security intelligence for risk analytics and alert, also can identify and block the inbound threats to which network may be vulnerable.
jetjetd Lv5Posted 21 Aug 2022 00:37

Sangfor Endpoint Secure utilizes a different approach to defending systems from malware and APT threats compared to current next-generation Anti-virus (NGAV) or endpoint detection & response (EDR) solutions.
Faisal P Posted 22 Aug 2022 09:41

Sangfor Endpoint Secure utilizes a different approach to defending systems from malware and APT threats compared to current next-generation Anti-virus (NGAV)

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Trending Topics

Board Leaders