Bandwidth Managemet Priority Difference

Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 23 Jun 2022 13:28

i have a several question about sangfor IAM, i'll create separate post about this.

I have tried to configure Bandwidth Management, using configuration to Limit Youtube Traffic.
1. I set youtube application, but this is only limit when the device is using smartphone, when i access from PC(browser) it detected QUIC, not Youtube App.
- my question is, why the youtube category cant detect traffic from PC as Youtube App when i access it from browser on PC?

2. I set 2 Quic configuration, QUIC is using Low Priority, QUIC2 is using high priority, but only hit QUIC with low priority.
- and my question is, what the function of priority if the device only read rules from top to bottom.

or is there any missing with my configuration here?

And my last question is, is necessary to config Low Bandwidth usage threshold like screenshot below?
is there any example case for this configuration?

Thanks.

regidorreyes has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

1. Youtube in PC doesn't block because it was read as browser base not application base. To resolve this, you must add a new service that blocks port 80 and 443.

2. Priority - Divided into three categories: high, medium, and low, it refers to the
priority of this channel occupying idle bandwidth when other channels are idle.

3. Yes you must set a Low Bandwidth Threshold if you have multiple lines - It is to set the line idleness threshold. When the load of a line is lower than the idleness threshold, the limitation
channels with intelligent tuning enabled can increase the channel bandwidth to
a value greater than the user-defined upper limit to keep the load close to the
idleness threshold. When the load is higher than the threshold, the bandwidth
is decreased to the upper limit.
Is this answer helpful?
Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 27 Jun 2022 12:30

Update : Solve by blocking QUIC Apps

Add new Service "QUIC" port 80 and 443
Block this service on access control

so Sangfor can read the youtube/google apps instead QUIC category
regidorreyes Lv5Posted 29 Jun 2022 09:54

1. Youtube in PC doesn't block because it was read as browser base not application base. To resolve this, you must add a new service that blocks port 80 and 443.

2. Priority - Divided into three categories: high, medium, and low, it refers to the
priority of this channel occupying idle bandwidth when other channels are idle.

3. Yes you must set a Low Bandwidth Threshold if you have multiple lines - It is to set the line idleness threshold. When the load of a line is lower than the idleness threshold, the limitation
channels with intelligent tuning enabled can increase the channel bandwidth to
a value greater than the user-defined upper limit to keep the load close to the
idleness threshold. When the load is higher than the threshold, the bandwidth
is decreased to the upper limit.
Faisal P Posted 29 Jun 2022 12:33

1. Computers in libraries, universities, and other public institutions may have Restricted Mode turned on by the system administrator
2. In order to figure out the parameters of a device, create a rule to allow that type of device, connect the device to your computer and then review the device details in the Device control log.
rivsy Lv5Posted 29 Jun 2022 14:34

1. For blocking Youtube you can manually configure and block the UDP 443 so traffic will be correctly filtered by NGAF
2. Set priority of at least Low and High and set the more bandwidth to High priority and lesser bandwidth to Low priority.
Pat Lv4Posted 30 Jun 2022 12:23

1. Youtube on browser is not an application but rather a brower based website. Try to block port 80 and 443
2. Maybe you set a smaller priority value on QUIC? The priority value specifies the priority of the rule. A smaller priority value indicates a higher priority.
jetjetd Lv5Posted 01 Jul 2022 02:22

Youtube application in mobile device is different in Youtube running in a PC since it uses a web browser and that browser is using ports 80 and 443 to access the internet. You need to blocks ports 80 and 443.
jsix Lv2Posted 01 Jul 2022 14:20

You need to block ports 80 and 443 but specifically for YouTube only because port 80 and 443 support HTTP and HTTPS.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders