edit RAM and HDD, windows can not start up

Newbie434316 Posted 02 Jun 2018 02:24

Please help me URGENT. This afternoon CTI Malaysia was support me to do migration form old cluster to new cluster.
And then, I edit RAM and Harddisk, after power on that windows can not start up.

I am still waiting now

CTI_JianJie has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Last edited by CTI_JianJie 02 Jun 2018 13:11.

Hi Sir,

As per remote session, following are the summary of troubleshooting.

Problem description
1. 3 of Windows 10 virtual machine unable to boot up after change the memory and HDD.
2. 1 SUSE linux virtual machine unable to boot after migration.

Findings & Solution
1. Windows 10 blue screen failure with error code: inaccessible boot device.
Explanation: This issue is caused by fastIO enabled in the virtual machine. For your information, enable fastIO will change VM disk types to virtio, however not all Windows/Linux operating system will support this features and will have drivers incompatible issue.
Solution for this issue is untick fastIO option under setting to disable changing disk types.
2. SUSE linux virtual machine unable to boot to right hard disk parition.
Expanation: This issue is caused by bootloader is bind with linux partition. This issue common happened when linux root partition is bind with UUID while not disk label (eg: /dev/sda). For your information, every Linux will changed its UUID after migrated to new hypervisor(even to VMware, Citrix).
Solution for this issue is manually change its grub bootloader boot partition to right label (/dev/vda) and fix /etc/fstab as well.
Is this answer helpful?
Sangfor Elsa Posted 02 Jun 2018 11:46

Last edited by Sangfor Elsa 02 Jun 2018 11:49.

Dear sir,

All your three posts that contain the same content have been merged into one question post.
CTI Malaysia has been working on the submitted question now, and you will hear from them soon.

Thank you for your patience.
CTI_JianJie Lv2Posted 02 Jun 2018 13:10

Last edited by CTI_JianJie 02 Jun 2018 13:11.

Hi Sir,

As per remote session, following are the summary of troubleshooting.

Problem description
1. 3 of Windows 10 virtual machine unable to boot up after change the memory and HDD.
2. 1 SUSE linux virtual machine unable to boot after migration.

Findings & Solution
1. Windows 10 blue screen failure with error code: inaccessible boot device.
Explanation: This issue is caused by fastIO enabled in the virtual machine. For your information, enable fastIO will change VM disk types to virtio, however not all Windows/Linux operating system will support this features and will have drivers incompatible issue.
Solution for this issue is untick fastIO option under setting to disable changing disk types.
2. SUSE linux virtual machine unable to boot to right hard disk parition.
Expanation: This issue is caused by bootloader is bind with linux partition. This issue common happened when linux root partition is bind with UUID while not disk label (eg: /dev/sda). For your information, every Linux will changed its UUID after migrated to new hypervisor(even to VMware, Citrix).
Solution for this issue is manually change its grub bootloader boot partition to right label (/dev/vda) and fix /etc/fstab as well.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders