IAM 12.0.7 is released!

Sangfor Elsa Posted 14 May 2018 09:21

Sangfor Internet Access Management (IAM) 12.0.7 is the most recently released version of IAM to introduce multifold powerful enhancements. In this latest version we vastly enhance IAM stability and drastically simplify network management.

In the new firmware, stability of high availability has been greatly improved, allowing you more reliable network service. The VPN connection has become more secure and protects your business and traffic. The Unified Authentication Center is another highlight of the firmware, reducing your reliance on wired and wireless user authentication management. We also substancially improved the Ingress access control policy by expanding our supported rules and giving users more control while protecting the terminal and securing the network.

Sangfor Internet AccessManagement (IAM) 12.0.7 introduces the following new features and enhancements:

1. High Availability
IAM supports ARP detect and ICMP detect to verify link accessibility and intuitively changes roles to provide uninterrupted connection. The heartbeat link now supports redundancy, which improves the reliability of device status detection.  If the device role switches to active standby mode, the standby device goes down, or a device goes offline in active-active mode, IAM will send an alarm email to administrators to update them on the status, making the administrator aware of any issues in real time.

2. VPN Connection
In Sangfor HQ and branch connections, IAM has built-in VPN features. This firmware improves the security of a connection by enabling authentication through certificates. Also, we improved stability for the VPN connection by supporting the backup WAN line. If the primary line fails, the VPN connection will automatically failover to the backup line, providing a guarantee of stability.

3. Unified Authentication Center
In the Unified Authentication Center, IAM manages the wired and wireless user authentication concurrently. Powerhouse WLAN vendors like Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus etc. are supported by IAM, providing the user with a better networking experience by taking the authentication roaming and control policy everywhere the user goes.

4. Network Access Control
When the user accesses the network a security check is run for the terminal. In the new firmware, IAM supports more authentification methods as well as adding a new operating system like win10/win8.1/winserver2012/winserver2012R2/winserver2016. The service pack is now assessed for vulnerabilities and IAM has been integrated with the LAN switch for access control when the switch enables MAB or portal authentication.

5. Other Improvements
The new firmware supports GRE and OSPF protocol, improving network deployment flexibility. There is also a new acquisition method for MAC addresses across the layer 3 network, improving efficiency and allowing access to MAC in seconds. Finally, WeChat messages on PC can now be audited, helping to improve the security control level for the user.

You may clike here to download the updates.

Please kindly remind: this version DOES NOT support Active-Backup on bridge mode.

Like this topic? Like it or reward the author.

Creating a topic earns you 5 coins. A featured or excellent topic earns you more coins. What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Atif Lv1Posted 16 May 2018 13:40

After updating IAM firmware, I'm facing issue on application control policy
Newbie783341 Lv1Posted 24 Jul 2018 23:14

Hi
Can you share a document for the Unified Authentication Center?
I trying to use the IAM for our Ruckus Authentication server.
Rotring Lv1Posted 15 Aug 2018 16:14

Hi
After updating IAM firmware, I'm facing issue?
Newbie629770 Lv1Posted 26 Aug 2018 11:33

Last edited by Newbie629770 26 Aug 2018 11:44.

Hi, I am curious where i can download the IAM health check tool for my device. I saw the link during my new sign-is as member, but after that, the link was gone, and i could not find any match words in entire Sangfor website to download the heath check tool for IAM device. Please kindly advise. Thank you.
Faisal Posted 11 Aug 2021 11:33

Thank you very much for the information ...
rivsy Lv5Posted 11 Aug 2021 16:40

Thank you for this information