NGAF Sub-Interface

jkia Lv1Posted 17 Jul 2020 08:47

Hi! How does a Sub-Interface work and what is it for (Network > Interfaces > Sub-Interface)? Thanks a lot!

Siva has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

The sub-interface is used to configure the physical interface to be a routing interface, and the routing interface needs to be enabled for VLAN trunk scenario.
832145f11094ab55bc.png
[Name] displays the name of the sub-interface. The interface name is automatically generated and cannot be modified. For example, the sub-connection of VLAN2 under eth0 port. The sub-interface of VLAN2 under the port is automatically generated as eth0.2.
[Zone] shows the Zone to which the sub-interface belongs.
[Address] Displays the IP address of the sub-interface.
[MTU] Display the MTU value of the sub-interface.
[PING] Display whether PING sub-interface is allowed.
[Link Status] Shows whether link detection is enabled on the subinterface.
Is this answer helpful?
Siva Posted 17 Jul 2020 10:17

The sub-interface is used to configure the physical interface to be a routing interface, and the routing interface needs to be enabled for VLAN trunk scenario.
832145f11094ab55bc.png
[Name] displays the name of the sub-interface. The interface name is automatically generated and cannot be modified. For example, the sub-connection of VLAN2 under eth0 port. The sub-interface of VLAN2 under the port is automatically generated as eth0.2.
[Zone] shows the Zone to which the sub-interface belongs.
[Address] Displays the IP address of the sub-interface.
[MTU] Display the MTU value of the sub-interface.
[PING] Display whether PING sub-interface is allowed.
[Link Status] Shows whether link detection is enabled on the subinterface.
Muhammad Furqan Lv2Posted 03 Apr 2021 14:08

any further update or document please, i have to configure 2 ISP link while we have only one license for WAN attribute.
Muhammad Furqan Lv2Posted 04 Apr 2021 22:15

I have tried to configure it but its not working, any one can share or help.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders