Acloud upgrade limitations

Newbie128272 Lv1Posted 26 Aug 2019 05:09

Dear all,

i'm reading the following guide: SANGFOR_aCloud_v5.8.6_aCloud5.8.6 Upgrade Guide.pdf

and i need some clarifications regarding following statements present on chapter 4:

2: do not support upgrade in three replica mode: so you cannot upgrade a cluster with this storage config?

4: upgrade is not supported when there are running or suspended virtual machines: do i need to shut down the whole cluster to upgrade?

5:upgrade is not supported when iscsi is connected please go to iscsi client to disconnect: do i need to detach every lux exported by acloud cluster  or every lun mounted by it?

are the above indicated statements general guidelines (valid for every upgrade) or only related to 5.8.6 upgrade?

thank you

Apriyanto has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

2. if you was uppgrade in three replica , you cannot upgrade version
4. all vm must shutdown
5. only disconnected
Is this answer helpful?
Apriyanto Lv5Posted 17 Sep 2019 19:08

2. if you was uppgrade in three replica , you cannot upgrade version
4. all vm must shutdown
5. only disconnected
rivsy Lv5Posted 17 May 2022 13:52

Question:
2: do not support upgrade in three replica mode: so you cannot upgrade a cluster with this storage config?
Answer:
You cannot upgrade in three replica mode

Question:
4: upgrade is not supported when there are running or suspended virtual machines: do i need to shut down the whole cluster to upgrade?
Answer:
You need to shutdown or suspend the connected virtual machine in the whole cluster before upgrading

Question:
5: upgrade is not supported when iscsi is connected please go to iscsi client to disconnect: do i need to detach every lux exported by acloud cluster  or every lun mounted by it?
Answer:
Yes, you need to disconnect the connected/mounted ISCSI
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 17 May 2022 14:46

2) Storage Replica is Windows Server technology that enables replication of volumes between servers or clusters for disaster recovery so during any upgradation, replication between storage devices should be stopped. Otherwise it may effect Upgradation process because replication signals is synchronization between machine so if upgradation is not completed then it would definitely affect.
4) It's necessary to shutdown VMs and upgrades should be in non production hours so in case of any malfunctioning, we can roll back the whole cluster.
5) Disconnect them.
Faisal Piliang Posted 17 May 2022 17:45

2. This technique applies to upgrades from Aurora MySQL version 1 to version 2.
4. All hosts in the cluster must be upgraded to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7-based hypervisors before the upgrade of the cluster compatibility version is possible.
5. Your Synology NAS can serve as a dedicated storage server for Windows, providing storage over iSCSI.The iSCSI LUNs will act as a local drive in Windows.
jetjetd Lv5Posted 18 May 2022 00:04

Answers:
2. Upgrade is not possible in three replica mode
4. Shutdown the vm's before upgrade
6. Just disconnect the mounted SCSI

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders