Blocking Facebook to all web browsers (NGAF v8.0.35)

Ian_ Lv1Posted 06 Sep 2024 16:20

Good day,

I already have applied the application control to deny facebook. I tried in google chrome and it works but when I tried it in microsoft edge i can access the facebook.

How can I block facebook to all web browsers?

Thank you.

AimanHakim has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, have u tried including the QUIC protocol in the Application protocol? try adding it in the policy, usually it works. At the same time, try testing the block FB on web using incognito to avoid cache file
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv4Posted 07 Sep 2024 17:02

Hi, the client where you want to block facebook is behind NGAF firewall? If yes, please double check that this client match the correct policy. After that i suggest you to check if on client's Microsoft Edge there aren't any extensions that opens automaticaly a vpn connection for browsing internet.
Sheikh_Shani Lv2Posted 07 Sep 2024 21:44

Hello Dear

To block Facebook on all web browsers, you can try the following steps:

1. Use a Firewall: Configure your firewall settings to block access to Facebook's website. This will apply to all browsers.

2. Edit the Hosts File: On your computer, open the hosts file and add an entry that directs Facebook to a non-existent address. You can do this by adding the following lines:
   ```
   127.0.0.1 facebook.com
   127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com

This will prevent access to Facebook in any browser.

3. Group Policy (Windows Pro and Enterprise): If you are using Windows, you can use Group Policy to restrict access to specific websites across all browsers.

4. Browser Extensions: Use a website blocker extension compatible with multiple browsers to block Facebook.

5. Parental Control Software: Consider using parental control software that allows you to block websites across all browsers.

Make sure to restart your computer or browsers after making these changes for them to take effect.
AimanHakim Lv2Posted 09 Sep 2024 00:50

Hi, have u tried including the QUIC protocol in the Application protocol? try adding it in the policy, usually it works. At the same time, try testing the block FB on web using incognito to avoid cache file
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 09 Sep 2024 09:26

HiHi,

Many websites and browsers now use the QUIC protocol for data transmission. Data encrypted with QUIC cannot be controlled, so disabling the protocol is necessary. Once QUIC is disabled, websites and browsers will switch to using HTTPS for data transmission.

For more detailed control over HTTPS website behavior, like allowing browsing but restricting attachment uploads, refer to the NGAF rule description to decide if traffic decryption for the domain is needed.

For instance, by reviewing the rule base description, you can determine that enabling SSL data decryption is required for Gmail attachment uploads.

Please find below link for your Ref:
h__ttps://knowledgebase.sangfor.com/detailPage?articleData=%7B%22articleType%22%3A1,%22articleId%22%3A%22d17e46a5be7a4ab5a394cf68eecd559e%22,%22keyword%22%3A%22%22%7D
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 09 Sep 2024 13:52

Denying Facebook via application control, create a URL filtering policy that blocks Facebook's domain (e.g., facebook.com). Apply this policy across all protocols (HTTP and HTTPS) to ensure consistent enforcement across different browsers, including Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Zonger Lv5Posted 09 Sep 2024 22:30

You can create a Windows Firewall rule that blocks the Facebook website's IP address. You can do this by going to Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security, clicking on "Inbound Rules", then "New Rule", and selecting "Rule Type" as "Port" and "Protocol" as "TCP". Then, specify the Facebook IP address and set the action to "Block". Finally, click "Next" and give the rule a name, then click "Finish". This will block Facebook access from all web browsers on your Windows machine, including Microsoft Edge.
rani Posted 11 Sep 2024 14:35

Hi dear.

The steps below can be used to block Facebook on all web browsers:

1. Make Use of a Firewall: Set up your firewall to prevent access to the Facebook website. This is applicable to every browser.

2. Edit the Hosts File: Open the hosts file on your PC and add an entry pointing Facebook to an invalid IP address. To accomplish this, append the subsequent lines:
   127.0.0.1 facebook.com {{{
   127.0.0.1 is the Facebook URL.

This will stop any browser from accessing Facebook.

3. Group Policy (Windows Pro and Enterprise): Group Policy can be used to limit browser access to particular websites if you're using Windows.

4. Browser Extensions: To block Facebook, use a website blocker extension that works with a variety of browsers.

Parental Control Software: If you want to ban websites on all browsers, think about utilizing parental control software.

For these changes to take effect, make sure you restart your computer or browsers after making these adjustments.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow