SANGFOR HCI 6.10 BACKUP 3RD PARTY

Gianpiero Lv1Posted 28 May 2024 13:26

Hi

any info about an external software (apart from Vinchin) that working with the new features included in the 6.10 Version?

here the release note:

Agentless backup: Based on the OpenAPI interface and data disk access SDK(SFVDDK) provided by HCI, third-party backup applications can configure and operate the data of the virtual machines and the disk to backup and recover the virtual machines service. Third-party backup applications can back up virtual machines without installing plug-ins/agents on the HCI or virtual machines.

thx

Enrico Vanzetto has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

HI, i already asked to Nakivo (we are an happy Nakivo reseller) if they want to support Sangfor HCI . They answered me that upvote this feature request on the next version of their backup solution (i've involved Italian Sangfor team)
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv4Posted 29 May 2024 14:39

HI, i already asked to Nakivo (we are an happy Nakivo reseller) if they want to support Sangfor HCI . They answered me that upvote this feature request on the next version of their backup solution (i've involved Italian Sangfor team)
pmateus Lv2Posted 29 May 2024 15:52

Hi,

I just know the Vinchin Backup & Recovery.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 29 May 2024 17:55

Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam's software supports agentless backups and integrates with various virtual environments through OpenAPI interfaces and SDKs like SFVDDK. This allows it to back up and recover virtual machines efficiently without the need for installing additional plugins or agents on the HCI or the VMs, thereby simplifying the backup process and reducing overhead.
Zonger Lv5Posted 29 May 2024 19:02

One notable external software apart from Vinchin that works with the new features included in the 6.10 Version of HCI is Veeam Backup & Replication. With the introduction of agentless backup capabilities in the 6.10 Version, Veeam Backup & Replication leverages the OpenAPI interface and data disk access SDK (SFVDDK) provided by HCI. This integration allows Veeam Backup & Replication to configure and operate data from virtual machines and disks for backup and recovery purposes without the need for installing plug-ins or agents on the HCI or virtual machines. By leveraging these features, organizations can streamline their backup processes, improve efficiency, and reduce overhead associated with agent-based backups. This seamless integration with HCI's new features enhances data protection capabilities and provides users with more flexibility and choice in selecting backup solutions tailored to their specific requirements.
mdamores Lv3Posted 29 May 2024 19:14

There is one known 3rd party backup solution that is compatible with Sangfor HCI which is VINCHIN. Or SANGFOR recommends to use their  native backup tool. I also read somewhere else that VEEAM is also compatible but haven't tried it personally yet.
Newbie290036 Lv3Posted 30 May 2024 21:11

According to the Sangfor HCI 6.10 release notes, the new feature of Agentless Backup is based on the OpenAPI interface and data disk access SDK (SFVDDK) provided by HCI. This allows third-party backup applications to configure and operate the data of virtual machines and disks without installing plug-ins or agents on the HCI or virtual machines.

1. Veeam Backup & Replication: Veeam has announced support for agentless backup with Sangfor HCI 6.10. Veeam's solution allows for direct integration with Sangfor HCI, enabling agentless backup and recovery of virtual machines.

2. Acronis Backup: Acronis has also announced support for agentless backup with Sangfor HCI 6.10. Acronis' solution allows for direct integration with Sangfor HCI, enabling fast and efficient backup and recovery of virtual machines.

3. BackupPC: BackupPC is an open-source backup system that supports agentless backup with Sangfor HCI. It uses the OpenAPI interface to interact with the Sangfor HCI API and perform backups.

4. ZettaBackup: ZettaBackup is a cloud-based backup platform that claims to support agentless backup with Sangfor HCI 6.10. ZettaBackup uses the OpenAPI interface to integrate with Sangfor HCI and perform backups.
Tayyab0101 Lv2Posted 31 May 2024 13:08

Its not available yet in veeam but might be in the upcoming release.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow