About changing the server Wan IP address

Newbie842830 Lv1Posted 21 May 2024 23:22

Hi everyone

I want to route my server to access the internet through a second IPv4 address I obtained from my ISP, in addition to the default WAN IP.
How can I do this?

Enrico Vanzetto has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

hi, first you have to specify your public subnet on your wan interface that include all the usable public ip that you have obtained from your ISP (for example, if you have a pool of 6 usable ip, you'll have to specify the network).
After this, on network objects section of your Ngaf, you can create a network objects about your local server by specifying his local static ip.
Afte doing that, you can create a source nat policy where you can specify the network objects about your local server as source address and your wan as destination zone (on destination address you can specify your secondary public ip address).
Lastly, you need to configure an application control policy to allow the traffic you want to go out from this local server to your wan (specifying here your secondary public ip address you want to use).
On troubleshooting section of Ngaf, you can do a precise traffic analysis by specifying your local server ip as source address in order to see what network policies are applied.
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 22 May 2024 05:18

hi, first you have to specify your public subnet on your wan interface that include all the usable public ip that you have obtained from your ISP (for example, if you have a pool of 6 usable ip, you'll have to specify the network).
After this, on network objects section of your Ngaf, you can create a network objects about your local server by specifying his local static ip.
Afte doing that, you can create a source nat policy where you can specify the network objects about your local server as source address and your wan as destination zone (on destination address you can specify your secondary public ip address).
Lastly, you need to configure an application control policy to allow the traffic you want to go out from this local server to your wan (specifying here your secondary public ip address you want to use).
On troubleshooting section of Ngaf, you can do a precise traffic analysis by specifying your local server ip as source address in order to see what network policies are applied.
Newbie451055 Lv2Posted 22 May 2024 15:50

Do you mean you want to use public IP that is not used by your device interface?
In NGAF Firewall you can create a NAT from your Server IP Address to your Public IP Address you got from ISP.
Instead of using the outbound interface, you can define another IP Address from the block IP you got from ISP.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 144826.png (15.99 KB, Downloads: 45)

Screenshot 2024-05-22 144826.png
Newbie842830 Lv1Posted 22 May 2024 16:27

Last edited by Newbie842830 22 May 2024 16:30.

Thank you for your answers. Based on what you said, Source NAT --> src zone: Lan, Src Address: server Local IP, Dst zone: Wan, Dst Address: New public IP, Service: Any, Translate Src IP To: IP address, IP address: New public IP.
However, I was not successful. When I check the IP in the web browser(e.g. whatismyip), my default WAN IP address appears. Is there something I missed?

I added the new public IP address obtained from the ISP under the default static IP address in the interface section.
example:
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 22 May 2024 19:39

Hi you got from your ISP a different class/subnet of public ip? If yes, simply configure another wan with this public subnet on another eth port of your NGAF and use it on source nat policy and application control policy.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow