Cluster is in Upgrade Mode error during Pre-Check Upgrade

hfzddn Lv1Posted 09 May 2024 17:57

Last edited by hfzddn 13 May 2024 11:50.

Hi, I am trying to upgrade HCI from v6.8.0_R1 to v6.9.1 but encountered this error. Tried to use aDeploy 3.7.9 like the warning message said but still produced same error. How to exit Cluster Upgrade Mode? I even tried Health Check but it do not show any warning related to Cluster upgrade mode.

For information this is a 1 node setup installed on Dell R750xs for testing purposes.
Thanks in advance

Enrico Vanzetto has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, reading now the release notes on knowledgebase.sangfor.com i see this:

. HCI cannot be upgraded from 6.8.0, 6.8.0R1, or 6.9.0 (without SP installed)
to 6.9.1 through a rolling active upgrade. You must install the corresponding
SP first before you can select the rolling upgrade option as the upgrade will
automatically restart the physical server. The corresponding SP patch will
be release to the Sangfor Community accordingly

Please try to follow the upgrade path as written on this pdf (can't atttach here the pdf as is too large)
Is this answer helpful?
sitobeli Lv2Posted 10 May 2024 09:48

Go to Tasks and cancel the current operation/activity related to the upgrade. if it doesn't work in SCP, you may cancel it on the cluster itself.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 10 May 2024 14:57

Hi, it seems that adeploy fail to pass the precheck (as there is a cluster with a single node i think is somewhat normal that it fails the precheck). I suggest you to reach out Sangfor support if you want to bypass this step and proceed with upgrade.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 10 May 2024 21:41

Hi, reading now the release notes on knowledgebase.sangfor.com i see this:

. HCI cannot be upgraded from 6.8.0, 6.8.0R1, or 6.9.0 (without SP installed)
to 6.9.1 through a rolling active upgrade. You must install the corresponding
SP first before you can select the rolling upgrade option as the upgrade will
automatically restart the physical server. The corresponding SP patch will
be release to the Sangfor Community accordingly

Please try to follow the upgrade path as written on this pdf (can't atttach here the pdf as is too large)
Prosi Lv2Posted 11 May 2024 18:37

Hi,

Check using Sangfor aDeploy tool to do a pre-check upgrade. It will also show you the upgrade sequence too.
Rotring Lv2Posted 11 May 2024 19:23

Hi,
It sounds like you're encountering an issue while upgrading your HCI cluster from v6.8.0_R1 to v6.9.1. Here's how to potentially exit Cluster Upgrade Mode and troubleshoot the upgrade process:

Exiting Cluster Upgrade Mode:

While the health check might not show a warning, there are ways to exit Cluster Upgrade Mode. Be cautious as exiting improperly can cause instability in your cluster. Here are two approaches (depending on your software):

Using aDeploy (if applicable): If your HCI solution uses aDeploy for management, you might be able to exit Cluster Upgrade Mode through it. However, since aDeploy 3.7.9 didn't resolve the issue, there might be a specific command or option within aDeploy to exit the mode. Consult your software's documentation for the exact steps.
Manual Exit (if aDeploy isn't available): This method requires more technical knowledge and might vary depending on your specific HCI software. It typically involves using command-line tools or management interfaces provided by the software vendor. Research carefully before proceeding as incorrect commands can lead to further issues.
Troubleshooting the Upgrade:

Review Upgrade Logs: Carefully examine the upgrade error messages and logs. These logs should provide specific details about the issue preventing the upgrade from completing successfully.
Software Vendor Documentation: Refer to the documentation for your specific HCI software version (v6.9.1). The documentation might have known upgrade issues and solutions listed.
Support Resources: Check the support website or forums for your HCI software. There might be solutions or workarounds documented by other users who faced similar issues.
Contact Software Vendor Support: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, consider contacting your HCI software vendor's support team. They can provide more specific guidance based on your environment and error messages.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow