I want to know if the NSF-1100 meets the following requirements:16GE,  4x MPIM slots, MPLS and Switching

By solving this question, you may help 718 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 15 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 22 Apr 2024 10:33

HiHi,

I recommend considering the NSF-7100A-I as it fulfills your requirements with its four available network slots,
unlike the NSF-1100A-I, which offers only one slot for expansion.
Please refer to the attached data sheet for further information.
Network-Secure-Datasheet_DS_P_NSF-7100A-I_20240305.pdf (922.53 KB, Downloads: 98)
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 23 Apr 2024 13:34

For this purpose always follow data sheet of the product and check it with your required specifications. If they meets then you can order it.
mdamores Lv3Posted 23 Apr 2024 15:40

Hi,

The answer may be No. please see below

16GE: the documentation about the NSF-1100's Ethernet capabilities are limited, it might offer 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports. I would recommend to consult this with Sangfor support for clarification and proper assistance.

4x MPIM Slots: No. This model is a more basic switch or network appliance, and MPIM support is not common on this kind of device.

MPLS: Maybe. But the NSF-1100 might not have the processing power or feature to support MPLS.

Switching: Yes. The main functionality of the NSF-1100 is likely switching
Would recommend to go get the higher model.
Zonger Lv4Posted 23 Apr 2024 19:26

NSF-1100 is a security appliance designed primarily for network security functions. As per my knowledge, it does not directly meet the specifications.

16GE Ports: The NSF-1100 typically comes with a mix of Ethernet ports, but it doesn't have 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports by default. The number of ports may vary depending on the specific model and configuration.
4x MPIM Slots: The NSF-1100 doesn't have MPIM (Modular Port Interface Module) slots. MPIM slots are usually found in routers or switches, not security appliances like the NSF-1100.
MPLS: While the NSF-1100 may support some MPLS-related features for routing or tunneling purposes, it's not primarily designed as an MPLS device. MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) is more commonly associated with routers and switches.
Switching: The NSF-1100 focuses more on security functions such as firewall, intrusion prevention, VPN, etc., rather than traditional switching functions. While it may have some basic switching capabilities for internal traffic routing, it's not a dedicated switch.
Newbie290036 Lv2Posted 24 Apr 2024 08:55

The NSF-1100 is a network security firewall product, and it's essential to verify the specific model's capabilities with the manufacturer or the product documentation. However, I can provide general information about these requirements:

16GE: If the NSF-1100 supports 16Gigabit Ethernet (16GE), it should be able to handle high-speed network connections. Check the product documentation to confirm the supported port speeds.

4x MPIM slots: MPIM (Multi-Protocol Label Switching Inter-Networking) is a term that might not be directly related to the NSF-1100. MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) is a technology used for efficient routing and traffic management in networks. Check the product documentation to see if it supports MPLS and the number of MPLS slots available.

MPLS and Switching: The NSF-1100, being a network security firewall, typically focuses on security features rather than being a pure-play routing or switching device. However, many firewalls do have routing and switching capabilities. To confirm if the NSF-1100 supports MPLS and switching, refer to the product documentation or consult the manufacturer.

In order to determine if the NSF-1100 meets your requirements, it is suggested to refer the product documentation or consult the manufacturer for specific details on its capabilities, such as 16GE support, MPLS functionality, and switching features.
jerome_itable Lv2Posted 25 Apr 2024 08:44

Sangfor NSF-1100 series firewalls generally offer features that align with your requirements:

16GE Ports:  Most Sangfor NSF-1100 models come equipped with at least 16 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports, fulfilling your requirement for high-speed connectivity.

4x MPIM Slots:  MPIM (Multi-Path Multi-Link) is a Sangfor proprietary technology for WAN link aggregation.  While specific information on slot availability can vary by model, some Sangfor NSF-1100 variants might include 4x MPIM slots for WAN link aggregation using dedicated MPIM cards.

MPLS and Switching:  Sangfor NSF-1100 firewalls typically support MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) for traffic engineering and Layer 2/Layer 3 switching capabilities to handle internal network traffic management.
Prosi Lv2Posted 25 Apr 2024 23:33

Hi,
Please check the required specifications.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders