Howto Activate Sangfor Endpoint Secure

Newbie001952 Lv1Posted 03 Jun 2024 19:08

I have a problem using ES. I installed it but can't activate the license. I use a filewall license. My friend told me that I can use a firewall license.

Sangfor Jojo has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, you can check this user guide on how to activate your devices on Sangfor Support Portal.

https://community.sangfor.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10199&extra=
Is this answer helpful?
Prosi Lv2Posted 11 Jun 2024 11:29

Hi,

Traditional endpoint security products operate on common policies and characteristics, often based on more traditional organizational rules and operation regulations, designed to defend against threats from known sources. Organizations utilizing this more traditional approach to security, yet suffering attack from more complex and advanced threats, often experience an exponential increase in labor costs, while specialized enterprise O&M personnel have inadequate experience to effectively respond to the threat.
Newbie290036 Lv2Posted 07 Jun 2024 19:02

1. **Check the license file**: Verify that your firewall license is valid and not expired.
2. **Check the installation path**: Ensure that you've installed Endpoint Secure in the correct location (default is usually `C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Endpoint Secure`).
3. **Restart services**: Restart the Endpoint Secure service or restart your computer to see if it resolves the issue.
4. **Check logs**: Check the system logs or Trend Micro's logs to see if there are any error messages related to the license activation.
5. **Contact Trend Micro support**: If none of these steps resolve the issue, contact Trend Micro's support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps you troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your Endpoint Secure license activation!
Newbie221001 Lv1Posted 06 Jun 2024 11:22

this link will help you
Taha Lv2Posted 05 Jun 2024 15:22

End point secure can be activated by putting the license key and make it activate through end piont connection to internet .It can don through manual key entry or via portal also
Newbie451055 Lv2Posted 05 Jun 2024 15:11

Sangfor ES in our company is activated by the Sangfor Tech Engineer.
there is no menu to insert the license code.
jerome_itable Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 15:06

There might be some confusion regarding the Sangfor Endpoint Secure license activation process.

While your friend might be partially correct, there are a few things to clarify:

1. Firewall License vs Endpoint Secure License:

A firewall license is typically used for Sangfor's network security products like the Internet Access Gateway (IAG).
    Endpoint Secure is a separate product focused on endpoint security for individual devices.

2. License Activation Methods:

There are two possible scenarios for activating your Endpoint Secure license:

Dedicated Endpoint Secure License: If you purchased a specific Endpoint Secure license, you should have received a separate license key. You'll need to use this key within the Endpoint Secure software to activate it.
    Bundled License (Unlikely): In rare cases, Endpoint Secure might be bundled with a firewall license. However, this isn't a common practice.
mdamores Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 13:03

Hi,

You may consider the following regarding Sangfor ES activation:

1. There might be some Licenses type mismatch since firewall licenses is typically used for Sangfor network security products and not Endpoint Secure. With this, you need to use specific endpoint secure license for activation.
2. Try activating the ES license thru the below methods:
   - Manual update or uploading the license file directly on the endpoint secure management console
   - Support Portal activation or activation of licenses thru Sangfor support portal but you need to have an account
3. Check sangfor documentation and/or contact Sangfor Support team for immediate assistance and resolution.
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 11:19

NSF/NGAF and ES is different product right??  can use same license?
Farina Ahmed Posted 04 Jun 2024 19:28

If you're using a firewall license, you need to configure your firewall to allow outbound traffic to the license server's URL and the necessary ports (usually port 443 for HTTPS).

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow