Howto Activate Sangfor Endpoint Secure

Newbie001952 Lv1Posted 03 Jun 2024 19:08

I have a problem using ES. I installed it but can't activate the license. I use a filewall license. My friend told me that I can use a firewall license.

Sangfor Jojo has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, you can check this user guide on how to activate your devices on Sangfor Support Portal.

https://community.sangfor.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10199&extra=
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 03 Jun 2024 22:50

Hi, if i understood correctly, there are two differente products (Sangofr NGAF firewall and Endpoint Secure). You simply can't activate Endpoint Secure Appliance with Sangfor NGAF license. I suggest you to reach out your Sangfor sales contact or call Sangfor office that's available in yur country.
fuadmahbubun Lv1Posted 03 Jun 2024 23:32

hi, make sure you have valid license. please check  at Endpoint secure manager. sangfor NGAF license and Endpoint Secure License is different.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 04 Jun 2024 10:27

HiHi,

The NSF and Endpoint Secure are different products in Sangfor; therefore, the license key differs.
Please consult your local Sangfor representative for assistance.
pmateus Lv2Posted 04 Jun 2024 18:02

Hi,
Contact Sangfor sales to help you.

Thanks
Zonger Lv4Posted 04 Jun 2024 18:29

If you're having trouble activating your Elasticsearch (ES) license, ensure that you're using a compatible license file for your ES version, place it correctly in the config directory, verify network connectivity to the license server, check firewall settings for outbound connections, use the appropriate activation command, and consult the Elasticsearch logs for error messages. Additionally, confirm that the firewall license as suggested by your friend is aligns with the features you intend to use.
Farina Ahmed Posted 04 Jun 2024 19:28

If you're using a firewall license, you need to configure your firewall to allow outbound traffic to the license server's URL and the necessary ports (usually port 443 for HTTPS).
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 11:19

NSF/NGAF and ES is different product right??  can use same license?
mdamores Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 13:03

Hi,

You may consider the following regarding Sangfor ES activation:

1. There might be some Licenses type mismatch since firewall licenses is typically used for Sangfor network security products and not Endpoint Secure. With this, you need to use specific endpoint secure license for activation.
2. Try activating the ES license thru the below methods:
   - Manual update or uploading the license file directly on the endpoint secure management console
   - Support Portal activation or activation of licenses thru Sangfor support portal but you need to have an account
3. Check sangfor documentation and/or contact Sangfor Support team for immediate assistance and resolution.
jerome_itable Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 15:06

There might be some confusion regarding the Sangfor Endpoint Secure license activation process.

While your friend might be partially correct, there are a few things to clarify:

1. Firewall License vs Endpoint Secure License:

A firewall license is typically used for Sangfor's network security products like the Internet Access Gateway (IAG).
    Endpoint Secure is a separate product focused on endpoint security for individual devices.

2. License Activation Methods:

There are two possible scenarios for activating your Endpoint Secure license:

Dedicated Endpoint Secure License: If you purchased a specific Endpoint Secure license, you should have received a separate license key. You'll need to use this key within the Endpoint Secure software to activate it.
    Bundled License (Unlikely): In rare cases, Endpoint Secure might be bundled with a firewall license. However, this isn't a common practice.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow