hci backup vm: Failed to load backup configuration. Error Code: 0x01000098 and 0x010025C5 5

marco roncaglia Lv1Posted 17 Mar 2024 17:32

hi all
i have created a policy backup with all group vms .. all vm was backuped well except for one ...is a file/print windows 2019 server .. only this vm can't ...  I also tried to backup it individually, but I always have problems... the error codes are those in object.. can someone help me?
tks a lot

Newbie517762 has solved this question and earned 25 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 5 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

The troubleshooting steps for your Sangfor HCI backup issue with the Windows 2019 server:

Check Configuration:
Make sure your backup job settings are correct.
Verify resources like storage space and network connectivity.

Review Logs:
Look at backup logs for errors or warnings.

VM Health Check:
Ensure the Windows 2019 server is healthy.

Backup Destination:
Check the backup storage for issues.

Software Updates:
Update Sangfor HCI software.

Contact Support:
If problems persist, reach out to Sangfor support.
Is this answer helpful?
Prosi Lv2Posted 19 Mar 2024 11:53

Hi

First it will easier if you post the exact error message when you try to restore the VM.
Also in PVE interface you can go to Storage --> "PBS volume" --> Backups. There you will see all the existing VM backups. You can select the one you want and restore it is as different VM. Basically create a clone from backup.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 19 Mar 2024 13:47

Check the event logs and backup software logs for detailed error messages to pinpoint the root cause. Ensure that the necessary backup components and services are running correctly on the server. Verify that there are no network connectivity issues between the backup server and the problematic VM. Also review any recent changes or updates applied to the VM that might be impacting the backup process.
mdamores Lv3Posted 19 Mar 2024 14:05

Hi,

Would suggest to post the exact error message so we can assist you further. If you need immediate assistance and resolution, would recommend to consult and contact Sangfor Support immediately.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 19 Mar 2024 16:27

Hi, i suggest you to inspect the event logs and backup software logs for comprehensive error messages to identify the underlying issue. Confirm that the required backup components and services are functioning properly on the server. Ascertain that there are no network connection problems between the backup server and the VM in question. Additionally, examine any recent modifications or updates made to the VM that could be affecting the backup procedure.
pmateus Lv2Posted 19 Mar 2024 17:05

Hi,

Usually is because there is some external dependency to the VM that cannot allow the VM do be backuped, and when the backups starts it cannot do it wihtou releasing this dependency.

Thanks.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 19 Mar 2024 17:26

The troubleshooting steps for your Sangfor HCI backup issue with the Windows 2019 server:

Check Configuration:
Make sure your backup job settings are correct.
Verify resources like storage space and network connectivity.

Review Logs:
Look at backup logs for errors or warnings.

VM Health Check:
Ensure the Windows 2019 server is healthy.

Backup Destination:
Check the backup storage for issues.

Software Updates:
Update Sangfor HCI software.

Contact Support:
If problems persist, reach out to Sangfor support.
Tayyab0101 Lv2Posted 19 Mar 2024 18:20

hello,
can you please share some logs.
Zonger Lv4Posted 19 Mar 2024 20:30

Refer to below steps in resolution of difficulties while backing up a specific VM, which is a File/Print Windows 2019 Server, using Sangfor NGAF.

1. Check the VM configuration:
Make sure the File/Print Windows 2019 Server VM is properly configured and running without any issues. Verify that the virtual machine has enough resources (CPU, RAM, and storage) and that it is accessible from the Sangfor NGAF management interface.

2. Verify backup settings:
Ensure that the backup settings for the File/Print Windows 2019 Server VM are correctly configured. Check if the backup schedule, retention policy, and backup type (incremental, differential, or full) are set up as desired.

3. Examine the error codes:
The error codes you mentioned are related to object types. These codes can help you identify the specific issue causing the backup failure. Look for the exact error code and search for its meaning in the Sangfor NGAF documentation or online resources to get a better understanding of the problem.

4. Check event logs:
Inspect the event logs on both the Sangfor NGAF appliance and the File/Print Windows 2019 Server VM for any error messages or warnings related to the backup process. These logs might provide more detailed information about the issue.

5. Update firmware and software:
Ensure that both the Sangfor NGAF appliance and the File/Print Windows 2019 Server VM are running the latest firmware and software versions. Updating to the latest versions might resolve any known compatibility issues or bugs that could be causing the backup problem.
marco roncaglia Lv1Posted 20 Mar 2024 01:53

Tks for all answers..sorry for the delay but i solved.. It was my mystake.. misconfig with share NFS and one of sangfor node... tks a lot to all

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders