Sangfor VPN vs IPSec VPN

FahmiAzlanMY Lv1Posted 09 Feb 2024 08:53

Hello everyone,

I have two Sangfor NGFW sites, and both use Dynamic Public IP addresses.

My question is whether it is possible to establish a tunnel using either a Sangfor VPN or IPSec? Anyone has experience on this?

Thanks

Tammee Ong has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi FahmiAzlanMY,

Yes, it is possible to establish a tunnel using either a Sangfor VPN or IPSec.
Should you encounter any configuration, please feel free to reach out to us at tech.support@sangfor.com, and our support team will be more than happy to assist you.
Is this answer helpful?
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 14 Feb 2024 10:45

yes it is possible, do u have any issue when configure the vpn? can share
Rica Cortez Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 14:42

Yes you can create a tunnel between two sites by Traditional IPSec or by the new Sangfor VPN. I suggest to go with the Sangfor VPN.
babeshuka Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 14:49

The only requirements for site to site is a public IP so in your query, you can established a site to site vpn between your two Sangfor NGAF
Happpy Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 14:50

In most cases, VPN tunnels are established between devices using static public IP addresses to ensure consistent connectivity. If your Sangfor NGFW devices have dynamic public IP addresses, you may face challenges in maintaining a stable VPN connection, as the IP addresses may change periodically.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Feb 2024 14:51

There are issues on the connection if your public IPs are dynamic. You must configure it to static
BetBet Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:01

Consider using Dynamic DNS services to associate a hostname with the changing IP address. Many routers and firewall devices support DDNS, allowing you to use a hostname rather than a static IP address when configuring the VPN tunnel.
Ginalyn Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:01

Configure the VPN devices to have aggressive keep-alive and reconnect settings. This helps the devices quickly re-establish the VPN connection if the IP address changes.
Tonybe Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:02

Ensure that the VPN type you choose (e.g., IPSec, Sangfor VPN) is compatible with dynamic IP addresses. Check the documentation or contact Sangfor support for specific guidance on dynamic IP scenarios.
Detz Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:05

The configuration will requires you to have a static public IP. This is a must

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders