Website block

Asad Rafique Lv1Posted 03 Nov 2023 19:24

Dear All,
               I am using Sangfor NGAF 8.0.23, and I need your help. I want to block a specific website like xyz.com, and I also want to create my own category where I can add websites to block. By default, Sangfor NGAF has predefined categories with data from Sangfor. However, I want to create my own categories. If someone can assist me with this, I would appreciate it. If there is a tutorial with videos or pictures, I would be very grateful.

By solving this question, you may help 34 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

ArsalanAli Lv3Posted 10 Nov 2023 14:07

Go to Object and content identification database then select URL category, then click ADD button and create an object of URL (Picture attached)
then go security policy template and go to content security . Then Add , in policy uncheck email protection and file protection , in URL Filter call your URL object, (Picture attached)

then go to Policy > network security Policy> and add a policy (internet access policy)
select source zone LAN and destination zone your ISPs -> next
unceck intrusion Prevension and check content security and call you content
then select allow or deny

url.png (41.31 KB, Downloads: 294)

url.png
MISMIS Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:57

Please contact Sangfor Technical Team if you don't sure of the solutions.
isabelita Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:56

Navigate to "Security Management" > "Web Content Filtering" > "URL Category."

Click the "Add" button.

In the "Category Name" field, give your category a descriptive name. For instance, you can name it "My Blocked Websites."

Click "OK" to save the category.

To add websites to your custom category, click "Add URL."

In the "URL Pattern" field, input the URL of the website you wish to block. For example, you can enter .xyz.com. "Click "OK" to save the website to your custom category.
noime Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:54

Web filtering is a technique used to restrict access to certain websites or web content based on predefined criteria. To apply web filtering to your network, you can use a web content filtering software that allows you to create custom URL categories and block specific websites. To create a custom URL category, navigate to the "Web Content Filtering" section of your software and select "URL Category." Click the "Add" button and enter a name for your category. To add websites to your custom category, click "Add URL" and input the URL of the website you wish to block
ZoroZoro Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:48

In Sangfor NGAF 8.0.23, to block a specific website like xyz.com, follow these steps: Navigate to the "Security Policy" section and select "Web Policy." Under "URL Filtering," create a new rule, then specify xyz.com in the "Blocked URL" field. Save the rule to enforce the website block.

For creating a custom category, again go to "Security Policy" > "Web Policy," but this time choose "Category Management." Create a new category with a name and description that fit your requirements. Once your custom category is created, return to "URL Filtering," edit the previously created rule, and assign your custom category to it. Save the configurations to apply the desired web restrictions effectively.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:46

you can block specific websites and create custom categories by accessing the web console. First, create a custom category, like "Blocked Websites," and add the websites you want to block to it. Then, configure a web filtering policy, specifying that the "Blocked Websites" category should be blocked. Apply this policy to the appropriate rule. Test it by trying to access the blocked websites, and monitor the results. If needed, make adjustments to the custom category or policy. Refer to the user manual or Sangfor's support for detailed, version-specific guidance.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:45

To make a new category:

Navigate to URL Category under Security Management > Web Content Filtering.
Select the "Add" option.
Give your category a name by filling in the Category Name form. You may type "My Blocked Websites" as an example.
Press the OK icon.
Click Add URL button to add websites to your category.
Enter the URL of the website you wish to prohibit in the URL Pattern area. You may type in https://www.xyz.com, for instance.
Press the OK icon.
VanFlyheights Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:44

Access the Sangfor NGAF Web Console:

Go to the web console by typing the appliance's IP address or hostname in your web browser.
Create a Custom Category:

Look for the option to create a new category. Call it something like "Blocked Websites."
Add Websites to the Custom Category:

Inside your "Blocked Websites" category, add the websites you want to block. Just type in their names or addresses.
MariaD Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:43

Blocking a certain website:

Navigate to URL Filtering under Security Management > Web Content Filtering.
Select the "Add" option.
Put xyz.com in the URL Pattern box.
Choose Block from the Action field.
Press the OK icon.
Kenbaw Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:41

In the web console, navigate to the URL Filtering section or a similar category configuration area.
Look for an option to create custom categories. This might be labeled as "Custom Categories" or something similar.
Create a new custom category, and give it a name that represents the type of websites you want to block. For example, you can name it "Custom Blocked Websites."

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Trending Topics

Board Leaders