Website block

Asad Rafique Lv1Posted 03 Nov 2023 19:24

Dear All,
               I am using Sangfor NGAF 8.0.23, and I need your help. I want to block a specific website like xyz.com, and I also want to create my own category where I can add websites to block. By default, Sangfor NGAF has predefined categories with data from Sangfor. However, I want to create my own categories. If someone can assist me with this, I would appreciate it. If there is a tutorial with videos or pictures, I would be very grateful.

By solving this question, you may help 33 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

mdamores Lv3Posted 06 Nov 2023 09:32

Last edited by mdamores 07 Nov 2023 10:14.

hi Asad,

you may try the below

1. Go to objects> security policy templates> content security and select website that you want in URL filter row.
2. Go to policies> network security> policies, select user and apply the content security you have created just now. Action can set to deny.

If the URL you are looking for is not defined in the URL database, you can go to objects> content identification database> URL database to add a new one.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 08 Nov 2023 16:41

In Sangfor NGAF 8.0.23, to block a specific website like xyz.com, go to "Security Policy" > "Web Policy" > "URL Filtering," create a new rule, and specify xyz.com under the "Blocked URL" section. To create your own category, navigate to "Security Policy" > "Web Policy" > "Category Management," add a new category with a name and description. After creating the category, go back to "URL Filtering," edit the rule, and assign your custom category to block websites you've categorized. Save the configurations to enforce the desired restrictions.
jerome_itable Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 08:42

Here are the steps on how to block a specific website like xyz.com and create your own category in Sangfor NGAF 8.0.23:

To block a specific website:

Go to Security Management > Web Content Filtering > URL Filtering.
    Click the Add button.
    In the URL Pattern field, enter xyz.com.
    In the Action field, select Block.
    Click the OK button.

To create your own category:

Go to Security Management > Web Content Filtering > URL Category.
    Click the Add button.
    In the Category Name field, enter a name for your category. For example, you could enter "My Blocked Websites".
    Click the OK button.
    To add websites to your category, click the Add URL button.
    In the URL Pattern field, enter the URL of the website you want to block. For example, you could enter https://www.xyz.com.
    Click the OK button.

You can repeat steps 5 and 6 to add more websites to your category.

Once you have added all of the websites you want to block to your category, you can then apply your category to a URL filtering rule. To do this, go to Security Management > Web Content Filtering > URL Filtering. Click the Edit button for the rule you want to apply your category to. In the Apply Category field, select your category from the list. Then, click the OK button.

Your websites will now be blocked.
Donsadam Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:38

One. To choose a website in the URL filter field, navigate to objects > security policy templates > content security.
Two. Navigate to policies > network security > policies, choose user, and then activate the content security you just made. Denying action is possible.
Rizmae Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:40

Step 1. In Objects > Security Policy Template > Content Security, create a Content Security Template and select Online Shopping in the template
Step 2. In Policies > Network Security > Policies. Create a policy, click Add Policy for Internet Access Scenario to create a new policy for blocking online shopping.
Kenbaw Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:41

In the web console, navigate to the URL Filtering section or a similar category configuration area.
Look for an option to create custom categories. This might be labeled as "Custom Categories" or something similar.
Create a new custom category, and give it a name that represents the type of websites you want to block. For example, you can name it "Custom Blocked Websites."
MariaD Lv2Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:43

Blocking a certain website:

Navigate to URL Filtering under Security Management > Web Content Filtering.
Select the "Add" option.
Put xyz.com in the URL Pattern box.
Choose Block from the Action field.
Press the OK icon.
VanFlyheights Lv3Posted 09 Nov 2023 10:44

Access the Sangfor NGAF Web Console:

Go to the web console by typing the appliance's IP address or hostname in your web browser.
Create a Custom Category:

Look for the option to create a new category. Call it something like "Blocked Websites."
Add Websites to the Custom Category:

Inside your "Blocked Websites" category, add the websites you want to block. Just type in their names or addresses.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Trending Topics

Board Leaders