what are the maximum number of disks attached to single VM?

Muhammad Imran Lv2Posted 30 Oct 2023 15:41

How many disks i can attached to single VM in HCI plateform.
please tell me the total size of attached disk also.

Enrico Vanzetto has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

hi, in hci 6.9.0 i see that there is a maximum of 15 virtual hard disk you can set on a single vm. the total size depends on how much space left you have on your virtual datastore, but i don't see any size limit on creation. If you create a disk larger than 2 tb, don't forget to set gpt as partition table.
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 31 Oct 2023 18:52

hi, in hci 6.9.0 i see that there is a maximum of 15 virtual hard disk you can set on a single vm. the total size depends on how much space left you have on your virtual datastore, but i don't see any size limit on creation. If you create a disk larger than 2 tb, don't forget to set gpt as partition table.
ArsalanAli Lv3Posted 31 Oct 2023 19:02

I believe there is no limit to the number of disks. We have tested it on four disks, and there is also no size limit, as we have successfully tested it on 40TB
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 01 Nov 2023 09:49

※Sangfor aSAN Performance Best Practices.
The maximum number of HDDs in a single disk group does not exceed 7,
that is, the ratio of the number of SSDs and HDDs in a single host does not exceed 1: 7.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders