SSL VPN Disconnect Frequently

Adam Suhail Lv1Posted 18 Oct 2023 09:32

After deploying SSL VPN . A user get frequently auto disconnected and display "You have logged out The session has expired. Please log in again". in range time of 30 minutes.

I have configure the
"Disconnect user if inactivity period reaches for 360 minutes" , hence this is not the issue.

Do i need to create policy to allow my virtual ip to Resources and set is as allow?

Is there a way to look at the event which cause this issue? I have try look into Access logs>SSL VPN Logs , no event show me what causes it to disconnected.

can someone guide me?

By solving this question, you may help 715 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Adonis001 Lv3Posted 23 Oct 2023 11:09

As you mentioned, you've configured the inactivity timer to disconnect users after 360 minutes. While this is likely not the issue, double-check your configuration to make sure there are no conflicting settings.
mdamores Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 08:38

getting disconnected frequently with this message might be due to several reasons. Below are some of the steps you might consider to troubleshoot and might resolve this issue:

1. Since you mentioned that you configured an inactivity period of 360 minutes, you may want to validate these settings to ensure they are correctly applied. Also check if there's conflicting policies applied which affects the sessions.
2. most SSL VPNs have session limits for individual users or the entire VPN service. if reached, it could cause sessions to expire. You may want to check if there's any configured session limits and configure them accordingly.
3. Check if your current IP address have access to the necessary resources. Policies should match the IP addresses or subnet assigned to the VPN clients.
4. Check for any network or firewall rules that restricts or terminates the idle sessions prematurely.
5. You may also want to check the Logs and Event viewer to identify the cause of disconnections and review the logs and event viewer of your VPN server.
isabelita Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 11:57

Latency or network connection issues: If the user's internet connection is slow or unstable, it could cause the VPN to drop. To fix this, the user can try testing their internet speed and latency using a tool like Ookla's internet speed test. They can also try connecting to a different network or using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
NeTSec Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 11:58

Authentication or idle timeout settings: The VPN may be configured to log out users after a certain period of inactivity or after a set amount of time. The user can check the VPN settings to see if these timeouts are enabled and adjust them if necessary.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 11:58

Client-side issues: There may be conflicts with other applications on the user's device that are causing the VPN to disconnect. The user can try disabling other applications or using a test computer with no other third-party applications installed.
Jigen87 Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 11:59

Firewall or IPS policies: The VPN may be blocked by firewall or IPS policies on the network. The user can check the firewall and IPS settings to see if the VPN is being blocked and adjust the policies if necessary.
Fuji12 Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 11:59

VPN client issues: The VPN client software may be outdated or incompatible with the user's device. The user can try updating the VPN client software or using a different VPN client.
babeshuka Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 12:00

To troubleshoot the issue further, the user can check the SSL VPN logs and system event logs on the VPN server to see if there are any error messages or events that could indicate the cause of the disconnections. They can also contact the VPN vendor's support team for assistance.
Happpy Lv3Posted 24 Oct 2023 12:00

To add "X-Forwarded-For" on the load balancer ADC, follow these steps:
Access the load balancer ADC's management interface.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders