HCI Disk Utilization

Izzuddin Lv1Posted 21 Sep 2023 20:03

Hi,

Currently I faced issue where my customer configure the SSD as Data disk instead of Cache disk. This cause failure during the pre-upgrade check and can't proceed to upgrade the HCI from V6.3.0 to V6.7.0_R2.

Any idea on how to change the current SSD as Cache disk instead of Data disk? Does it will impact the current data/data lost when change to Cache disk?

Much appreciate if can share the solution of this encounter issue.

Thank you

By solving this question, you may help 512 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Zonger Lv4Posted 24 Sep 2023 03:59

To change the current SSD from a data disk to a cache disk in order to proceed with the HCI upgrade, you would need to follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have a backup of the data on the SSD that you want to change to a cache disk. While the process itself shouldn't cause data loss, having a backup provides an extra layer of security.

2. Log in to the administration console or management interface of your HCI system and locate the storage device settings.

3. Identify the SSD that is currently configured as a data disk. There should be an option to reconfigure it as a cache disk.

4. Select the SSD and choose the option to change its configuration from data disk to cache disk.

5. Confirm your selection and allow the system to process the change. This may take some time depending on the size and complexity of your data.

6. Once the change is complete, verify that the SSD is now recognized as a cache disk.

Changing the SSD from data disk to cache disk shouldn't impact the current data stored on it. However, it's essential to have a backup to ensure that no data loss occurs during the process.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders