How to reduce VM disk capacity

Parwita Lv1Posted 03 Sep 2019 14:49

Last edited by Parwita 03 Sep 2019 14:54.

Hi Team,

I have successfully migrated physical server to vm on sangfor HCI acloud 5.8.6, the physical server has 1 Volume RAID 5 with 2 partition (C: 1TB D:5TB). Sangfor converter migrate the whole volume but there is no edit option before finishing the migration.
How can i reduce the disk capacity after migration? since the server usage is only 30% of total capacity

ITD_Mitch has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot reduce disk capacity in HCI if you already allocate its capacity upon creation.
It is because no OS are supported reduction of existing disk. Thats why it is advisable to start with small disk capacity first then expand if needed. Same with migrated VM's, you cannot also reduce its capacity. I suggest to create a new VM then just install the application inside it then copy all the database/file it needed.

Thanks
Is this answer helpful?
Apriyanto Lv5Posted 17 Sep 2019 19:00

try to install vmtools
ITD_Mitch Lv3Posted 17 Sep 2019 19:41

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot reduce disk capacity in HCI if you already allocate its capacity upon creation.
It is because no OS are supported reduction of existing disk. Thats why it is advisable to start with small disk capacity first then expand if needed. Same with migrated VM's, you cannot also reduce its capacity. I suggest to create a new VM then just install the application inside it then copy all the database/file it needed.

Thanks

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders