AimanHakim Lv2Posted 15 Mar 2024 15:44

Last edited by AimanHakim 15 Mar 2024 16:20.

Hi, you can use the SCMT tool. It's for migrating vm from any HCI platform to SANGFOR HCI platform. You can do a live migrate however bear in mind that it'll affect IOPS of server. Usually for critical vm I reccommend do it after working hours while non-crtitical can be done during working hours.

Here's an example to download the tool and the manual. For now I've tried from VMWARE to HCI and it works. For Hyper-V it should work. Bare it mind that it works smoothly with windows based but linux it's a bit tricky.

You can request to Sangfor to create a custom agent to help the linux vm migration but it'll take some time for the custom. There's another way using such as using iso file to migrate linux based but I can't remember how it's done. Still trying to find the manual for that

In a nutshell on how the SCMT works is that it will create an agent. That agent will be installed on the VM that required to migrated. The agent will assist on searching the SCMT IP to initiate the migration. There's a method using agentless but haven't tried. Once the migration begins, it will sync it's data to the destination.

Then after completion, you'll have to manually do a switch over. Meaning the source VM will be disconnected from production wile the copied sync vm data at the destination will takeover the role. Bare in remind you'll need to plan a downtime for the switchover

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow