Cant Update IP Address Database (Security Capabilities Update)

favianbayu Lv1Posted 01 Mar 2024 16:34

Hi there,

My NGAF v8.0.47 cant seem to update IP Address Database.
As the screenshot below, the latest version is 2024-01-08, but the current version still 2021-11-03.

The other databases are up to date, only the IP Address database doesn't want to update automatically or manually.

i already test validity and the server status is available.
i test ping to update1.sangfor.net, i got reply

anyone got the same problem or maybe knows the solution to this?

Thanks

firdaus9090 has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

You can contact Sangfor Tech Support and ask them to help upgrading the database.

ip address database.png (3.16 KB, Downloads: 78)

ip address database.png
Is this answer helpful?
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 05 Mar 2024 09:50

Mine also got this issue, other database update automatically, only the IP Address Database is not the latest.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 05 Mar 2024 14:27

Don't worry, it is normal. I have checked with other NGAF devices, and they have the same findings.
firdaus9090 Lv1Posted 05 Mar 2024 15:16

You can contact Sangfor Tech Support and ask them to help upgrading the database.

ip address database.png (3.16 KB, Downloads: 78)

ip address database.png
jerome_itable Lv2Posted 05 Mar 2024 16:36

Several reasons might explain why your Sangfor NGAF v8.0.47 is unable to update the IP Address Database:

1. Network Connectivity Issues:

Internet connection: Ensure your Sangfor NGAF has a stable internet connection to download the update files. Check if other internet traffic is functioning normally on the device.
    DNS resolution: Verify that the NGAF can resolve the Sangfor update server address correctly. You can test this by pinging the update server address from the NGAF command line.

2. Update Server Issues:

Temporary server outage: Sangfor update servers might be experiencing temporary downtime. Try again later to see if the issue resolves itself.
    Outdated update server information: Your NGAF might be configured with an outdated update server address. Consult Sangfor documentation or support for the correct server address for your version (v8.0.47).

3. NGAF Configuration Issues:

Automatic update settings: Verify that automatic updates are enabled in the NGAF settings. Navigate to System > Upgrade > Automatic Upgrade and ensure the desired options are selected.
    Manual update process: If automatic updates are failing, attempt a manual update. The process might involve downloading the update file from Sangfor's website and uploading it to the NGAF. Refer to the Sangfor documentation for specific instructions.

4. Software Version and Compatibility:

Outdated software: Sangfor might have ended support or updates for version 8.0.47. Check the Sangfor website or support for the latest compatible update version for your NGAF model. Upgrading to a newer version might resolve the update issue.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Check internet connectivity and DNS resolution.
    Verify the update server address is correct.
    Confirm automatic update settings are enabled or attempt a manual update.
    Consult Sangfor documentation or support for your specific NGAF model and version.
Zonger Lv4Posted 05 Mar 2024 20:25

This is totally normal state. Other database update automatically while only IP Address Database is not updated.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 05 Mar 2024 23:42

Hi, on our customers where we have Sangfor NGAF we experienced the same situation with Ip Address database that never updates.
mdamores Lv3Posted 05 Mar 2024 23:57

This instance is normal wherein the IP Address database is not updating automatically. The recommendation is to contact TAC support for assistance
pmateus Lv2Posted 06 Mar 2024 00:46

Hi,

If others database updates automatically , this is not a issue.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 06 Mar 2024 15:47

It appears that despite your NGAF v8.0.47 being able to access the server and the other databases updating successfully, the IP Address database remains stuck at version 2021-11-03. This could potentially be a specific issue with the update mechanism for the IP Address database.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders