Support for BGP and GRE protocols in NGAF virtual contexts (VSYS)

Newbie380871 Lv1Posted 12 Feb 2024 20:38

Tell me whether support for the BGP and GRE protocols will be implemented in the NGAF virtual contexts (VSYS)?

Detz has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Please consult support team for that issues
Is this answer helpful?
Detz Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:15

Please consult support team for that issues
Natsu Dragneel Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:16

Yes, Sangfor NGAF supports routing protol BGP and GRE.
Tonybe Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:17

The protocl BGP and GRE is supported so it will added to its VSYS. That is the simpliest explanation
Happpy Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:19

I think GRE is supported but not the full BGP features. Please see the KB in the community
BetBet Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:20

The said routing protocol is supported by the NGAF but I am not sure the VYSYS that your talking about
babeshuka Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:21

If Sangfor NGAF does not currently support the protocols or features you require, you might also consider reaching out to Sangfor's customer support or sales team to inquire about future updates or roadmaps that may include support for BGP and GRE in virtual contexts. They may provide insights into planned features or offer alternative solutions based on your specific networking requirements.
mdamores Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:29

both BGP and GRE is supported but not sure with VSYS. With this, I would recommend the following:

1. check official documentation
2. contact sangfor support/tac team
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 20 Feb 2024 15:53

Hi, yes. Implementing BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) and GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation) protocols within the NGAF (Next-Generation Application Firewall) virtual contexts can enhance network functionality and security. Let’s explore each protocol:

BGP (Border Gateway Protocol):
BGP is an exterior gateway protocol used for routing between different autonomous systems (ASes) on the internet.
In NGAF virtual contexts, BGP can be configured to:
Establish peering sessions with neighboring routers or peers.
Exchange routing information (such as IP prefixes) to determine optimal paths.
Influence route selection based on policies (e.g., AS path, next-hop, local preference).
Enhance redundancy and load balancing across multiple paths.
BGP is commonly used for inter-domain routing and is crucial for large-scale networks.

GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation):
GRE is a tunneling protocol that encapsulates various network layer protocols within IP packets.
In NGAF virtual contexts, GRE can be utilized to:
Create virtual private networks (VPNs) or overlay networks.
Establish point-to-point or multipoint connections between NGAF instances.
Encapsulate non-IP traffic (such as IPX or AppleTalk) for transport over an IP network.
Enable secure communication between remote sites or cloud environments.
GRE provides flexibility and scalability for network design.
Ginalyn Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2024 17:03

IP packets carrying different network layer protocols are encapsulated by the tunneling mechanism known as GRE.
GRE may be applied in NGAF virtual situations in order to:
Construct overlay networks or virtual private networks (VPNs).

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders