Esxi nested acloud only for test

Newbie195025 Lv1Posted 11 Nov 2023 06:10

Hello community,

Only for test i have installed aCloud inside esxi that expose nested virtualization.
Also i configured vmx configuration to emulate ssd for two vmdk, with sata controller

Hci see those fake ssd, but i cant create the virtual storage because health check fail

Is it possible try Hci nested or i need to go baremetal?

Best regards

By solving this question, you may help 520 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Jigen87 Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:26

While emulating SSDs for testing purposes, ensure that the storage emulation settings align with aCloud's expectations. Some HCI solutions might have specific requirements or recommendations regarding the storage configuration.
damulagski Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:26

Confirm that the virtual hardware configuration of the nested VM running aCloud is compatible with aCloud's requirements. Pay attention to details like CPU, memory, and storage configurations.
LucyHeart Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:25

Check aCloud's documentation to confirm whether it officially supports running in a nested virtualization environment. Some HCI solutions have specific requirements or limitations when it comes to nested setups.
Fuji12 Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:25

Ensure that nested virtualization is properly configured and supported on your ESXi host. Verify that hardware-assisted virtualization features (such as Intel VT-x or AMD-V) are enabled in both the physical host and the virtual machine running aCloud.
soneosansan Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:24

Nested virtualization, such as running aCloud inside ESXi, can introduce certain complexities and may have limitations, especially when it comes to hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) solutions. The issue you're encountering with the health check failure when creating virtual storage could be related to various factors.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:23

Yes it is possbile to have both baremetal and nested HCI.
Rica Cortez Lv2Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:22

Additionally, it may be beneficial to review the specific requirements and limitations of nested virtualization for the intended use case, as well as any relevant documentation or support resources provided by the respective vendors.
Happpy Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:20

In the context of the specific issue with creating virtual storage due to a failed health check, it is important to ensure that the nested virtualization environment is properly configured and meets the requirements for the desired functionality.
isabelita Lv3Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:19

Considering the limitations and support policies, it is advisable to use nested virtualization for testing and evaluation purposes rather than in production environments. If the goal is to evaluate Azure Stack HCI or similar technologies, nested virtualization can be a suitable approach. However, for production use, deploying on validated physical hardware is recommended
Racoon Lv2Posted 20 Nov 2023 14:19

for testing and evaluation purposes, nested virtualization can be used to create sandboxed and isolated environments, as demonstrated by Microsoft for Azure Stack HCI. Nested virtualization allows running Hyper-V inside a Hyper-V virtual machine, enabling flexibility in evaluation and testing scenarios

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow