Mirror Deployment on IAG

Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 24 Aug 2023 16:26

Hi,
I have a IAG 5000 series,first we use bridge deployment on 2 interfaces.
but we need other interface to work as a mirror interface for some reason.

if i use the deployment guide again, is my 2 bridge interface will be delete?
or there is other way to config the mirror interfaces?
i have only one device so i cannot do the lab, i afraid it will delete the bridge interface and create mirror interface only

Thanks

Detz has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

If you're unsure about the potential impact of the changes you're planning to make, consider reaching out to the device's technical support or consulting with someone who has experience with the specific device model.
Is this answer helpful?
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 25 Aug 2023 09:12

HiHi,

The IAG appliance offers the deployment of it in bridge or mirror modes, but not simultaneously.
Rica Cortez Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:06

It's important to understand that network configuration changes can have significant impacts on the operation of your device, and the specifics can vary depending on the device and software you're using.
Happpy Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:07

It's a good practice to approach such changes carefully, especially when you only have one device and cannot easily test in a lab environment.
Fuji12 Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:07

efore making any changes, thoroughly review the official documentation provided by the manufacturer for your IAG 5000 series device.
LucyHeart Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:08

Before making any changes to your device's configuration, ensure that you have a backup of the current configuration. This way, if anything goes wrong during the configuration process, you can restore the previous settings.
Detz Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:08

If you're unsure about the potential impact of the changes you're planning to make, consider reaching out to the device's technical support or consulting with someone who has experience with the specific device model.
Carem Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:08

While you mentioned that you have only one device and cannot do lab testing, it might still be beneficial to explore the possibility of creating a virtual lab environment using emulation or virtualization tools.
Jigen87 Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:09

If you have a staging environment that mimics your production setup, you can test the configuration changes there before applying them to the live environment.
grayice499 Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 12:09

If your organization follows formal change management procedures, make sure to adhere to them when making configuration changes. This includes documenting the changes you plan to make, assessing potential risks, and having a plan to mitigate any issues that might arise.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders