DMZ device print to LAN zone printer

Newbie634913 Lv1Posted 23 Aug 2023 14:42

Last edited by Newbie634913 23 Aug 2023 16:38.

I setup the HP network printer on LAN zone (10.8.8.0/25), and I would like to allow DMZ (192.168.8.0/24, for WiFi) can print to that printer.

I configurate the “Application Control” that allow DMZ device to that printer. I tested on my iPhone that I can ping printer IP and access web portal of printer by Chrome app.

But when I want to print the document from my iPhone that cannot find the printer.

Checked my HP printer support airprint.

May I know is there any additional configuration need to setup?

KY has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

For this issue, it's recommended to raise a ticket for our support engineer to perform further troubleshooting. You may drop an email to our support email to raise a ticket.
Email: tech.support@sangfor.com
Is this answer helpful?
Alizaan Lv2Posted 01 Sep 2023 17:53

Employ network monitoring utilities to examine network traffic and detect any patterns that could be contributing to the communication problem.
Newbie142373 Lv1Posted 01 Sep 2023 17:01

Given that you've ensured proper network connectivity between your DMZ network (192.168.8.0/24) and the LAN network (10.8.8.0/25) where your HP printer resides and verified access to the printer's web portal and successful pinging from your iPhone within the DMZ network, the issue at hand may likely pertain to AirPrint configuration or network discovery. To address this, first, ensure that your HP printer supports AirPrint and is correctly configured for it. Validate that Bonjour (mDNS) protocol communication is functioning across the networks without any firewall obstructions, as AirPrint relies on this for device detection. Review and adjust firewall rules as necessary, permitting the required ports and protocols for AirPrint. Additionally, cross-check network settings, verify the printer's alignment with the LAN subnet (10.8.8.0/25), and ensure your iPhone is connected to the DMZ network with a strong Wi-Fi signal. Exploring these factors will help diagnose and resolve the AirPrint connectivity issue effectively.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 29 Aug 2023 01:47

pls confirm your wifi in isolation mode is disable an airprint is enable
Farina Ahmed Posted 28 Aug 2023 17:45

You're encountering difficulty printing from devices in your DMZ (192.168.8.0/24) to a printer in your LAN zone (10.8.8.0/25), despite configuring an "Application Control" rule to allow communication. To address this, first verify that your firewall rules are permitting the necessary protocols and ports, such as those used by AirPrint (e.g., Bonjour on port 5353). Confirm that your HP printer supports AirPrint and is set up to accept print jobs from the DMZ. Since AirPrint uses mDNS and Bonjour, ensure these services can cross between DMZ and LAN. While adjusting settings, also maintain proper network security. Check the stability of your iPhone's connectivity between DMZ and LAN, and consider updating firmware/software. If challenges persist, consult network logs for insights or explore alternative methods like a print server.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 28 Aug 2023 11:59

It seems like you've taken the right steps in allowing communication from the DMZ network (192.168.8.0/24) to the LAN network (10.8.8.0/25) where your HP printer is located. Since you've confirmed that you can access the printer's web portal and ping its IP address from your iPhone on the DMZ network, the issue might be related to AirPrint setup or network discovery.
ANNEI Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 11:58

it might be helpful to consult the documentation for your printer, networking equipment, and any relevant application control settings.
ZoroZoro Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 11:57

Use network monitoring tools to inspect network traffic and identify any patterns that might be causing the communication issue.
Snipe Lv2Posted 28 Aug 2023 11:57

While allowing communication between networks is important, security practices might involve isolating different network segments.
sanjigerma Lv3Posted 28 Aug 2023 11:56

make sure your printer is running the latest firmware available. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with newer devices or protocols.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow