Extend Storage Capacity for Sangfor HCI 10

Muhammad Izzat Lv1Posted 17 Jul 2023 16:06

Hi,

Currently we are using 3 nodes with each has 2 x 3.84TB SSD and 4 x 16TB HDD. We want to extend the capacity by adding 1 additional 16 TB HDD to each node. Is that enough or we need to add 1 additional SSD as well? How about the complexity in term of the configuration?

Newbie517762 has solved this question and earned 30 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 10 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

In my opinion, adding an additional 16TB HDD to each node should be sufficient to meet your increased capacity needs, while still providing good performance from the existing SSDs.

Pls find the attached file - Windows VM Disk Expand for your easy Ref:
Windows VM Disk Expand.pdf (1.47 MB, Downloads: 321)

Is this answer helpful?
Tayyab0101 Lv2Posted 17 Jul 2023 16:11

adding a hard drive is not a complex task. however you have to decide on HDD that what is required performance or capacity.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 18 Jul 2023 12:21

In my opinion, adding an additional 16TB HDD to each node should be sufficient to meet your increased capacity needs, while still providing good performance from the existing SSDs.

Pls find the attached file - Windows VM Disk Expand for your easy Ref:
Windows VM Disk Expand.pdf (1.47 MB, Downloads: 321)

Muhammad Izzat Lv1Posted 18 Jul 2023 12:44

In term of storage pool configuration, does it require downtime to expand the disk capacity?
Faisal P Posted 18 Jul 2023 13:48

Hi,

To determine if adding only one additional 16TB HDD to each node is sufficient or if an additional SSD is required, it's necessary to consider your specific storage requirements and the configuration of your existing setup.

Thanks
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 18 Jul 2023 15:58

Adding 1 additional 16TB HDD to each node should be enough to increase storage capacity. If performance is a concern, adding an additional SSD can enhance speed and access times. Configuration complexity will be relatively low for adding an HDD, while adding an SSD may require more configuration steps.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders