Natsu Dragneel Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 11:57

Your concern is common. You can't replace the * for the first time because it has to do with the resolution of IP to Mac address. It will be gone on the second run of traceroute.
VanFlyheights Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 12:20

The * provides the information that the ping was not successful but on the second try it goes beyond the destination.
Noah19 Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 12:26

This is a normal behavior of the traceroute.
NeTSec Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 13:04

I cannot get your questions about the result of the traceroute
PrincesDivad Lv2Posted 26 Jun 2023 13:09

What do you need to accomplished? The result is normal for me.
Tatam Lv2Posted 26 Jun 2023 13:13

The * * is the indication of unsuccessful ping.
Alizaan Lv2Posted 26 Jun 2023 13:22

This is the normal behavior of how the Address Resolution Protocol functions.
Farina Ahmed Posted 26 Jun 2023 14:54

In order to allow the Sangfor IAM internal IP to be displayed in the traceroute instead of "*", you need to configure the Sangfor IAM device to respond to ICMP Time Exceeded messages. By default, many network devices, including firewalls and security devices, are configured to not respond to these messages for security reasons.

To allow the Sangfor IAM internal IP to appear in the traceroute output, you'll need to follow these steps:

1) Log in to the Sangfor IAM management interface.
2) Navigate to the configuration settings related to ICMP.
3) Look for settings related to "ICMP Time Exceeded" or "ICMP Unreachable" messages.
4) Enable the option to respond to ICMP Time Exceeded messages. This will allow the device to send back the necessary information for traceroute.
5) Save the configuration changes and apply them.

After making these changes, perform a traceroute from the client PC to an internet site again. You should now see the Sangfor IAM internal IP instead of "*".
jetjetd Lv5Posted 26 Jun 2023 19:26

Please check the PC's firewall if it was turned on.
Bebe_Bote Lv3Posted 26 Jun 2023 19:43

check if the antivirus is blocking its connectivity.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders