Supermicro server support

iamthanakrit Lv1Posted 06 Sep 2018 19:35

I have ever seen some model of supermicro can be implement with SangforHCI and that model is not in compatibility list. But I need to know about model  SuperServer 1029U-TRTP has support HCI 5.8.5 ?

Ting Fong has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, a third party server will be able to support HCI firmware when it meet several requirements.
1. RAID for the hard disk. JBOD and RAID0 is recommended for the hard disk RAID. However, there might be
    some cases that the hard disk is not detected even though configured as JBOD or RAID0.
2. Network card compatibility. Some of the network card is not compatible with the HCI firmware.
3. Minimum requirement for HCI firmware( such as 4 Cores and above, supported Intel VT-x for CPU).
Is this answer helpful?
rbmallari Lv1Posted 07 Sep 2018 16:59

I think HCI will be compatible as long as the OS that will be use is in the list of HCI requirements.
Ting Fong Lv2Posted 30 Oct 2018 16:28

Hi, a third party server will be able to support HCI firmware when it meet several requirements.
1. RAID for the hard disk. JBOD and RAID0 is recommended for the hard disk RAID. However, there might be
    some cases that the hard disk is not detected even though configured as JBOD or RAID0.
2. Network card compatibility. Some of the network card is not compatible with the HCI firmware.
3. Minimum requirement for HCI firmware( such as 4 Cores and above, supported Intel VT-x for CPU).
Arya Lv1Posted 15 Nov 2018 18:37

Hi all,

Just want to share my experience, we are currently using supermicro server with HCI (Currently running HCI 5.2 and 5.3). We are using 6028U-TRT+. As my experience, you only need to make sure you are using card AOC-S3008 or AOC-S3108 (Both are LSI-based controller) as the disk controller and everything will be fine. If you are using AOC-S3108 maybe you need to enable HBA mode in RAID BIOS.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders