Recommend Sangfor HCI version for my situation

Beru Lv2Posted 02 Jun 2023 17:39

Hello everyone, I want to ask, most of my servers in the office use Sangfor HCI 6.3.0, now there is a new server that will install Sangfor HCI too, what version of Sangfor should this server be installed on? must i install Sangfor HCI 6.8.0?
what is the best practice for this situation?

BitCloud has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

It's generally advisable to keep your infrastructure up to date with the latest stable releases. However, before upgrading to a newer version like Sangfor HCI 6.8.0, review the release notes, changelog, and any known issues
Is this answer helpful?
Alizaan Lv2Posted 02 Jun 2023 18:20

Determining the appropriate version of Sangfor HCI for your new server depends on several factors, including compatibility, feature requirements, and any specific recommendations or guidelines provided by Sangfor. Since my knowledge is not up to date and I cannot access real-time information, I recommend following these steps to make an informed decision:

Review the release notes and documentation: Consult the official documentation and release notes for Sangfor HCI to understand the changes, new features, bug fixes, and any compatibility considerations introduced in each version. Pay attention to any specific version requirements or recommendations for compatibility with your existing infrastructure.
Check for compatibility: Verify if there are any compatibility requirements between the existing 6.3.0 version and the new server. Sangfor may provide guidelines on whether you can have mixed versions in your environment or if it's recommended to keep all servers on the same version.
Consider feature enhancements: Assess whether there are any new features or improvements in the later versions of Sangfor HCI that are important for your organization. If the newer versions offer significant enhancements or address specific issues you're experiencing, it might be beneficial to consider a newer version.
Test in a non-production environment: Set up a non-production environment or use a test server to install and test the newer version of Sangfor HCI. Evaluate its compatibility with your existing infrastructure and ensure that all the critical functionalities and integrations work as expected. This testing phase will help you identify any potential issues or incompatibilities before deploying the newer version in a production environment.
Consult Sangfor or a professional: If you are uncertain about the best course of action, it is advisable to contact Sangfor support or consult with a professional who has experience with Sangfor HCI deployments. They will have the most up-to-date information and can provide guidance based on your specific requirements and environment.
Remember that every IT infrastructure is unique, and the decision regarding the version to install on your new server should be based on careful evaluation and consideration of your organization's needs and the recommendations from Sangfor.
Faisal Piliang Posted 02 Jun 2023 23:22

Hi

1. During the Sangfor HCI firmware version upgrade, the WebUI console will be updated and converted.
- during this phase, you may be logged out from the WebUI console and experience a short WebUI display conversion.

2. Sangfor HCI 6.8.0 provides the feature of language switching between Chinese and English.
- it can be found in the top right corner to switch across languages.

Thanks
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:31

Best practice is to have both with same versions to prevent some issues.
Kyle Padilla Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:37

The best Sangfor HCI version for your new server is determined by various variables, including compatibility, functionality needs, and any particular suggestions or guidelines offered by Sangfor. Because my expertise is out of date and I cannot access real-time data.
Naomi Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:43

Check for any compatibility issues between the old 6.3.0 version and the new server. Sangfor may give instructions on whether multiple versions are permitted in your environment or whether it is preferable to have all servers on the same version.
MISMIS Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:46

Examine its interoperability with your current infrastructure and confirm that all important functionality and integrations perform as intended.
Adonis001 Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:49

If you are uncertain about the best course of action, it is advisable to contact Sangfor support
isabelita Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:53

Ensure that the version of Sangfor HCI you install on the new server is compatible with the existing infrastructure running Sangfor HCI 6.3.0.
BitCloud Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2023 09:56

It's generally advisable to keep your infrastructure up to date with the latest stable releases. However, before upgrading to a newer version like Sangfor HCI 6.8.0, review the release notes, changelog, and any known issues

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders