Shared Mode Storage Area Network HCI 6.8.0

abdulbasitkhan Lv1Posted 16 May 2023 21:34

Hi, I am trying to configure Storage Area Network in Shared mode as option is available in communication interfaces, since due to shortage of 10G nics i must have to go to shared mode. i tested in multiple servers but everytime it does not allow me to select any lag and all options seems grey as mentioned in pic below.

There is no option available for me to enable storage multiplexing
please suggest any resolution, have anyone tried shared mode of storage area networking?

thanks

CTI TF has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi. For your information, storage interface with shared mode has certain requirement as listed below.
1. It must be aggregate interface and the member interface must be 10G interface.
2. Only support few models of NIC:  Mellanox CX4, Mellanox CX6, Intel X710 and Intel X722.
Is this answer helpful?
abdulbasitkhan Lv1Posted 23 May 2023 02:29

all these steps are up to dated! but still not found the correct answer, looks like these are computer generate long replies but none of them is actually addressing the core issue,
FYI the whole server environment was working absolutely fine in VMware vSAN environement, from 6.7~8.1
looking forward to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Abdul Basit Khan

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow