Farina Ahmed Posted 11 Apr 2023 16:32

Both are used for data sharing. I personally prefer iSCSI.
faysalji Lv3Posted 11 Apr 2023 17:03

In terms of backup stability, both NFS and iSCSI can provide reliable and scalable remote storage solutions. However, the choice between them will depend on your specific requirements and the characteristics of your backup environment. If you need to share files between multiple systems, or if you have a mixed operating system environment, NFS may be a better choice. On the other hand, if you need to access storage devices as if they were locally attached disks or require high-performance storage for demanding applications, iSCSI may be more suitable.
Zonger Lv4Posted 11 Apr 2023 17:38

the choice between NFS and iSCSI depends on your specific backup requirements. If you need file-level access, NFS may be a better option, while iSCSI may be a better choice if you require block-level access or need more advanced security and management features. It is always recommended to evaluate your specific requirements before making a decision.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 11 Apr 2023 20:25

I personally prefer iSCSI.
AisiEnzo2022 Lv2Posted 13 Apr 2023 11:03

In terms of backup stability, both NFS and iSCSI can provide reliable storage if they are properly configured and maintained.
However, iSCSI may be more stable for backups that require high I/O throughput, such as large-scale backups of virtual machines or databases.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 14 Apr 2023 14:43

Not recommend to use shared folder or NFS as backup repository due to instability of file based storage.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow