CAPACITY PLANNING

Ibrahim 007 Lv1Posted 04 Apr 2023 18:12

Hello all,

what tools can me use into the HCI to the capacity planning of my hardware or node ressources to increase my cluster ?

Thanks

Faisal Piliang has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

The maximum storage capacity of a Sangfor HCI (Hyper-Converged Infrastructure) system with 3 nodes will depend on several factors, such as the size and number of hard disk drives or solid-state drives installed in each node, the RAID configuration used, and the amount of data redundancy desired.

Sangfor HCI supports multiple storage options, including locally attached storage on each node, shared storage using SAN (Storage Area Network) or NAS (Network-Attached Storage), and cloud-based storage. The maximum storage capacity can also be increased by adding additional nodes to the HCI cluster.
Is this answer helpful?
Faisal Piliang Posted 05 Apr 2023 00:05

The maximum storage capacity of a Sangfor HCI (Hyper-Converged Infrastructure) system with 3 nodes will depend on several factors, such as the size and number of hard disk drives or solid-state drives installed in each node, the RAID configuration used, and the amount of data redundancy desired.

Sangfor HCI supports multiple storage options, including locally attached storage on each node, shared storage using SAN (Storage Area Network) or NAS (Network-Attached Storage), and cloud-based storage. The maximum storage capacity can also be increased by adding additional nodes to the HCI cluster.
SassyScorpio Lv2Posted 05 Apr 2023 03:40

There are several tools available for capacity planning of hardware and node resources in a cluster, within the field of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Here are a few examples:

Performance Co-Pilot (PCP): This is a framework that provides a set of tools and APIs for system-level performance monitoring and analysis. It can help you monitor system metrics such as CPU utilization, memory usage, disk I/O, and network traffic. PCP can also generate alerts when certain thresholds are reached, making it useful for capacity planning.

Nagios: This is an open-source monitoring system that can be used to monitor the health of your cluster. Nagios can monitor various aspects of your hardware and software, such as CPU usage, memory usage, network bandwidth, and disk space. It can also alert you when specific thresholds are reached, enabling you to take corrective action.

Ganglia: This is a scalable distributed monitoring system that can be used to monitor the performance of your cluster. It can collect metrics from multiple nodes in real-time, making it useful for capacity planning. Ganglia can also generate alerts when certain thresholds are reached, enabling you to take corrective action.

Zabbix: This is an enterprise-level monitoring system that can be used to monitor the performance of your cluster. It can collect metrics from multiple nodes in real-time and provide advanced visualization and analysis tools. Zabbix can also generate alerts when specific thresholds are reached, enabling you to take corrective action.

Prometheus: This is an open-source monitoring system and time-series database that can be used to monitor the performance of your cluster. It can collect metrics from multiple nodes in real-time and provides advanced visualization and analysis tools. Prometheus can also generate alerts when specific thresholds are reached, enabling you to take corrective action.

These are just a few examples of the tools available for capacity planning in HCI. Ultimately, the choice of tool will depend on your specific requirements and the nature of your cluster.
Ibrahim 007 Lv1Posted 05 Apr 2023 16:59

Thanks at all for your responses

but my case is that I want a tool or a way in my Sangfor HCI which can help me to do the capacity planning my infrastructure. To know what hardware or nodes ressources is requiered to increase or improve the capcity of my cluster regarding the additional services or solutions that I would like to implemente such as power BI services, VDI solutions, web app all of these services for my customers (external using) and internal services deploy onto the same HCI for internal using.

how can I distribute these different services on the different resources that I have (a cluster of 4 nodes) and that I will acquire (4 also nodes that I must integrate into my HCI)

What architecture would be best for me?

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders